FENIX- Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I had stopped work on "Fenix" last month, I cut 9 inches off the rear end to shorten the wheelbase, widen the rear stays (chopped a Walmart Beast) and cut and repurposed a Schwinn OCC Chopper center stay and its 100mm BB. (see below pic). After accessing the frame last night and some other parts stashed in my garage…I think I'm in a good place? The only problem I foresee with the shorter wheelbase will be trying to squeeze that 100mm rear wheel into its place???

Great job meshing those donor pieces with the frame.

Now that I'm not going with the hubless wheels…I discovered the frame's geometry is now off, so I need to replace the dropouts. I'm in luck…I still have the OCC chopper. I cut these off today and will add them later to the frame.

I also found these Monark tank sides with nice jewel medallions and chrome bumpers.

Like a FENIX from the flames

Clean and cool!

Way to go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I want to try to build one of those hubless wheels , I understand why your not going with it on this build because of the time frame but it is really really cool , not sure if I have what it takes to pull it off but I sure do want to try it , Anyway I like what you have going on with the new direction on this build

Yes Kempracing the hubless was a cool idea and I had a little something, something to add to it to make it really unique…a one of a kind, one that has never been seen or done before. But I rather save it for a later date then me trying to figure it out with my back up against a deadline.

So yesterday I managed to get most of all the parts cut and tacked. I'm waiting for a few parts I ordered online before I can weld, but I like the direction I'm headed.

I just noticed there are 5 donor bikes here to make this one: Micargi, Rollfast, Monark, Beast, and a OCC chopper.

This is the same saddle I made for ENIGMA last year but never used.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back