Finally!The workbench topper I have been looking for! N.D.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Finally found one!!! New Departure work bench parts cabinet!! Still has the cardboard insert.Sadly no parts in it,but the guy said he has two 5 gallon buckets with all the stuff that was in it(he didn't want it to fall out). Came out of a hardware store in upstate new York. Bought this off of an older gentleman that I have bought a lot of N.O.S. stuff from in the past. Also got a bunch more N.O.S. stuff from him that I really didn't care that much about compared to the box.
-Kreep-

-For size reference

Super sweet. I have a soft spot for ND brakes because of what they taught me. As a kid the first coaster I tried to service was a New Departure - probably a C or D and when i opened it it was like taking apart dad's pocket watch - SPROING!!!! A million discs went everywhere in the red Oklahoma dirt.

A great lesson in going slow and taking notes. I had no documentation of any kind to refer to, just what little common sense I had as a teen, and a need to get the bike back on the road to get to school and work at the local western auto... That was my first lesson in prewar tech, probably and a life lesson as well. A kid's gotta know his limitations, or else be willing to put in the time to surpass them.

Eventually I got re-assembled but still didn't know to put any lube in it. What can I say, there was no one to teach me this stuff. I just rode it dry for the next year or so until the bike was finally stolen. Kids to day with their internets... meh. There's always some Korean kid on YouTube to show you how nowadays.

"We had it tough." lol

Very cool! I have it's Counterpart. The same box but its a morrow parts cabinet!

P9120054_zps91d2a69b.jpg

P9120058_zpse2fcd90d.jpg

P9120057_zpsbde7e0cc.jpg

P9120056_zps07ee3cff.jpg

Nightrider- very cool truck there. Love the early Anhuiser plaques on the grill.

DoubleNickle-That one is very cool too! Its a shame someone painted over it :x

-Kreep-

Kreep said:
Sadly no parts in it,but the guy said he has two 5 gallon buckets with all the stuff that was in it(he didn't want it to fall out). Also got a bunch more N.O.S. stuff from him that I really didn't care that much about compared to the box.

Getting the 2 5gal buckets?
...and let's see the other NOS stuff!

I got one from a bicycle shop that closed a few years back..It had plenty of parts in it..I have not seen to many of theses 3 that I know of..? Mine just needs a good cleaning..the paint is pretty good.

I did some trading for the new Departure box with lots of parts in it too. From a older bike Collector here in town that had this out in his shed and he thought it would look nice next to the schwinn one that I have it's to bad it's missing its top but its got lots of room for parts thou this is what it would look like with the top
53D0510F-7F67-48F1-8E54-D3573DD6CFC8-2010-0000015006DAC99B_zpsf5132e33.jpg

F35562EE-C728-4428-92C2-CB16738DCEDD-2010-00000150780649A9_zps83cbeb28.jpg

7231A5D1-3177-4304-953F-2CB03B93471C-2010-00000153AB183473_zpsc41e0eec.jpg

Gebolys77 - NIce!!! Now Im not satisfied with just the New Departure box, Must find Schwinn box!!!! :shock:
-Kreep-

Latest posts

Back