Finding a fork with Cantis for a 26" Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BMX cruiser style forks like that with canti mounts are hard to find, especially with a 1" threaded steerer

There should be plenty of older 1" threaded MTB forks with brake mounting posts out there, though

old_skool said:
Araya51 said:
Cant you just get some bmx fork and weld the brake bungs on.???

Yes, a good frame guy can do that for sure
I think it would be a lot faster and easier to make it out of and old bmx fork and a doner MTB fork with brake bungs. I carefully cut the bungs off the mtb fork and weld the bungs on the bmx forks.. That's what I would do..
Good Luck on the find or if you decide to make your own cantilever brake bmx fork..

I just went thru the same thing, found a straight bmx style fork, then welded on the canti bosses.

wasnt that hard, but kind of a pain to locate them and keep everything straight. before I do it again I would like to make a simple jig to hold them in place before I tack them on.

GasX said:
Thanks guys - ill keep looking...

(<- not a welder...)
I don't think it would cost much to take it to someone to weld it for you as long as you have it ready and prepped for them to weld it up... But I feel you though cuz I didn't weld either.. Finally took a welding class.. Awesome.!!!

i might have a pair of these that came from a rallye cruiser i dismantled
let me check and get back to you
m not sure the dimensions but i know their off a 26 inch wheel cantilever frame
if you still need them let me know
they will need to be painted because the bike i took them off was resprayed badly
but if you are interested we can work out a good deal
i will snap pics tonight and we will talk if their what you want
thanks
Sean

Latest posts

Back