Fire arrow, 2nd try...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda get what you are saying about the stem and I think disguising it with the frame color will help.
Cool opener
GREAT TANK!!!!!

Lookin Good, Don"t kno how i missed this one . I Like it !

~Rafael~

Thank you for the compliments, glad you like it! :) didn't get much done tonight, had to clean the shed after work looking for some landscaping tools :( I did get the pedals done, I really like these BMX pedals from Porkchop, they're 18 bucks and come in a bunch of different colors, I chose black for this bike to match the seat and grips
434aef1f92bc0e3282f783a9c4804e67.jpg
I normally leave the goofy reflectors on because we ride at might sometimes, but they didn't look right for this bike. They pop right off
7d2660c03ba452a17b1d98c2b42ad6f9.jpg
bit leave the silver part showing
7bcb6200c0ea59d5e8b21c1f7451acce.jpg
and there's a big nasty casting seam in the middle. A couple seconds with the belt sander takes care of that
6944bc1be40dfe0a275f359bb3eae189.jpg
a shot of black paint and they're done
2bc354fbf9197206b50dacea836a7ccf.jpg
tomorrow after work I should be able to take this thing for a test ride!!
I bought a set of those too from pork chop & I like the idea of the removable removable reflectors when you want to ride at night just pop them on !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't get much done this weekend, Saturday was chore day and Sunday was riding day :) but I got some paint on the stem and I like it much better
d33ca7cb79a3f6504b8d6e4d47c4b54c.jpg
now all I've really got left to do is put some miles on this thing and see what needs to be adjusted, should be done soon

Is it just the light reflection or did you find a black paint with a red/copper ghost hue?

Is it just the light reflection or did you find a black paint with a red/copper ghost hue?
It's a combination of my phone being a lousy camera and the poor lighting in my cellar, it's actually kinda brown, if you go back a page and look at the pics where I'm installing the bearing cups you can see the color better

Oh yea,now I see it.
Makes me wonder what the rustoleum aged metal looks like.

Love the bike man, the paint and tank are awesome

Love the bike man, the paint and tank are awesome
Thank you! I took it for a short test ride after work today, adjusted the seat and bars, drive side rear hub bearing was a bit loose, fixed that. It rides really nice! Gotta put some miles on it and find some good spots for pictures, here's a couple quick ones in the driveway...
20f505dfc49e7dd1fb7a6861572e9d73.jpg
ba8ec07eadb6e968c89d2eacf7232760.jpg
00348faeaa8d4d279092fe150221792d.jpg
5d53723755491c8e3c23d0e130076787.jpg

Looks good man , got some cool custom touches . The tank on that bike is sweet !

That is one good looking rat !!!

I finally got to take this thing for a ride this evening! Even did a bit if off roading with it, nothing came loose, nothing needed adjustment, it rolls really nice and smooth so I'm calling it done! Just need to take some good pictures and I'll post it in finished. bikes.
99dee74e062ff5179261e1fb011169b7.jpg
thanks to everyone for the kind words, encouragement and inspiration

Great looking bike love the color & the details but the tank really brings it all together!

Nice combo of painted and unpainted...! With a little chrome thrown in for good measure! See you in the Finished thread soon!

That pic looks like two bikes about to go down the 1/4 mile. Where are Big Chief and Farm Truck at?

Latest posts

Back