Firebolt / Newsboy Special Gallery

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
It seems like it has been raining Columbia Firebolts on RRB lately. These frames are almost as unique as Spaceliner, so they ought to have a gallery of their own too. This gallery should include the 1963 Newsboy Specials that shared the same integrated rack frame.

I love the integrated rear rack. I wonder if 30 years from now the Panama Jack frames will be coveted for the same reason. :p

Well here is my 1961 Columbia Firebolt. I have since traded out the super cool and wicked tank/light/bell combo due to fellow RRBer making me an offer that I couldn't refuse.

Here is the video the previous owner had posted on YouTube. That bell was loud!!!!!
:arrow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdjRUfZq ... el&list=UL

IMG_8769.jpg

IMG_8770.jpg

IMG_8771.jpg

Here's my Western Flyer badged, Columbia built, Newsboy Special. Came stock as a ballooner setup and is currently undergoing some upgrades. 8)

30094AE7-EDB3-4271-8157-72DAE597F9C1-1424-0000020FC1877CC3.jpg

Thanks Kingfish for starting a gallery like this! I have two Columbia Firebolts, male and female versions. I picked the mens up from a fellow rrb member here and currently am looking for parts to complete it. I think I just may make it into my own "style", theres one currently for sale on here that is blue that I already was leaning towards as far as style. The womens I traveled to South Carolina to pick up. I think I will keep her all orginal. I have her currently broke down and am about to send parts off to be rechromed. I will be starting a build section shortly on it, It will be my first attempt to restore a bike although I been collecting parts for awhile on different projects. Keep the photos coming and this site is one of the best! Hers my pics...

Firebolt4.jpg

Firebolt2.jpg

Firebolt3.jpg

Firebolt1.jpg

forgot to include the pic of the tank i got with mens firebolt but i think I will shelf that one and go with the white one that Kingfish has on his that was also on the firearrows I believe. I bought it after someone had put a freash white paint job on it.

All of your bikes look fantastic, thanks for posting. I'd like to add another version-the GoodYear Skyhawk:

IMG_0232.jpg

I haven't had much luck in my searches for this exact model-I can barely read the headbadge, I was clueless for a long while. Mostly I'm into 80's and 90's MTB's, but have been hankering for a cruiser build. I saw it on my local craigslist and had to have it. As you can see it needs some TLC, my plan is to combine it with a 1982 Schwinn Sidewinder (fork and other bits) and make a great cruise/utility bike-need to put that integrated rack to use.

Here is the beginning stage:

IMG_3648.jpg

I'll be starting a build thread soon-my plan is to run gears, and the cables through the twin tubes, so it is going to take some work. I was going to repaint, but I got to cleaning it tonight, and really like the reddish patina with the gold accents, so the original paint will stay for now. Can't wait to get it rolling!

Very cool!
Never heard of one of those. I like your plan for it too.

Just picked this one up. Not sure what model it is, but it has the tank with horn and dual headlights. I don't think the chain guard is original. Anyone have any info on this bike?

1010597_10202123830512200_1759477276_n.jpg

You should see the Elvis build that @yeshoney did for RRBBO2

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back