Firewalkers "Pic-A-nick" Cruiser! DONE! but not in

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool....... I was able to fit a little more time on the bike before I go back to work for the next 4 days...

I was able to put both the Rat Trap and back fender on, I had forgot just how long this bike is. :D I'm still not sure if I should stay with the black rat trap or switch it out for a chrome one. I would like to keep the chrome to a min. None the less, I have been planning on making a cool saddle bag to go over the trap. :lol:

IMG_2100.jpg

I belive that this is close to the stance that the bike will sit at.

I think I will have to wait till the front tires are back to set up the front

IMG_2092.jpg

Well, Ashley's modified (the car you posted, designed by Thom Taylor, and built by Dan Webb, Her dad) Has a German silver grille shell, so if its your inspiration you need a little chrome on there, so I say switch the rear rack to Chrome...

Manny Moons said:
wow. this is slowly becoming my pick for the build off... it looks great so far. Cant wait to see what the finished piece will look like. :shock:

What he said... :)

I finished of some more front end work plus did a number on the crank assem.... before work today

I first when down to my special parts place and found a bike that had chrome brakes, and luck was on my side.....so off to the polishing wheel they went :mrgreen: and then onto the bike!

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

next I had to mount the fenders. the fenders are larger ones that I had made for I wanted to fit a 2.125 tire under them...I also polished up the stainless bolts ( thanks Grandpa for giving me the wheel!)

IMG_2106.jpg

I also upgraded the brake pads to larger ones :D

IMG_2116-1.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

OH ya its seat time!!!

here is the seat that will get the make over! Its just a plain Norco cruiser seat....

IMG_2104.jpg

I had a hard time coming up with a design that I liked for this build. So I went back to basics......

being that the bike is Black and it's still up in the air as to what coulour the rims will be, I felt that I was safe with black and tan! :D

if not...... anybody what to buy a seat? :lol: we shall see once I come up with the rims

I still rolled the pleats, but just in a different direction this time, to give the seat a forward motion look.

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

everybodys builds are coming along very nice!! :mrgreen: keep up the good work !!!! :D

FW

wow man, I really like the lines you laid on the seat. Good color combo too.

What else could you expect from the master upholster right? good job

LOLOL

once I posted that picture I thought it would rase a few eye brows!! Around here you do not find bikes like this, and when you do they are way too much to buy. You guys down south seam to have hundreds of them :?

here is a better shot of her

IMG_2154.jpg

I picked this one up from Kev....its a early 50s Hiawatha :mrgreen: I have bigger plans for this one. Have no fear....it is next on the table, after the BO! 8) :mrgreen: the plans were greater than the BBO rules would allow.

well it's out of the bag now so dose anybody know were I could find a tank for this bike????? :wink:

FW

I have been busy so I have not had much time to do much. I still have to take care of the rims.

but in the time being I made a cool strap to hold the cage on when I am not using the Coke Cola cooler........
IMG_2165.jpg

I also made a trade with the LBS with some uhpolstey work to get the new front tires

IMG_2160.jpg

Ill try and post some pictures of the custom seats I made for the store..

Black and tan is Classy and always in style. Those tires should be on one of Kev's BMX's. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back