Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) - 3/15 TRADED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FireWing 53Columbia7/28 MO DONE - Roller Again - PIC HEAVIER

You did it,here I was thinkin you wer just pacing out this comp....
Thumbs up,looks fantastic, great build... :D

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
This pic right here is calendar quality 8)
IMG_2391_zps998f84e1.jpg

This is such a cool bike you built! 8)
Sweet looking... Now tell us how she rides.

dracothered said:
BRIGHT LIIIIGGGHHHHHTTTT no more please :mrgreen:

I can't wait to go night riding with this. I couldn't be happier with the way the light turned out.
WP_002596_zps3622eaeb.jpg

kingfish254 said:
dracothered said:
BRIGHT LIIIIGGGHHHHHTTTT no more please :mrgreen:

I can't wait to go night riding with this. I couldn't be happier with the way the light turned out.
WP_002596_zps3622eaeb.jpg
You did a fabulous job with that old tail light that's for sure...

incredible! the pic by the brick wall looks like the building was built to enhance the bike!!!!! very photogenic love it

Thanks for the compliments everyone. It feels great to have it almost finished with time to tweak if need be.

Funkme said:
You did it,here I was thinkin you wer just pacing out this comp....
Thumbs up,looks fantastic, great build... :D

Trust me Miss Funk, I haven't been stretching my build out. There have just been a lot of details in the final assembly. Plus I had two biz trips over the past 3 weeks. I definitely made the most of this weekend. Glad you like the way it turned out.

dracothered said:
Sweet looking... Now tell us how she rides.

Low and fun. Obviously not the most ideal riding posture, but I went for looks over function in that regard.

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
This pic right here is calendar quality 8)
This is such a cool bike you built! 8)

jats said:
incredible! the pic by the brick wall looks like the building was built to enhance the bike!!!!! very photogenic love it

I'll definitely get one that is focused a little better for my final photos. It's actually the lane entrance to my next door neighbors courtyard. My Urban Paint Booth just to the right of this on top of my trash cans.

kingfish254 said:
Low and fun. Obviously not the most ideal riding posture, but I went for looks over function in that regard.

Well, now we need to see pictures of you riding it. Just be careful throwing a leg over - that seat back looks like it could hurt...

Man, that came out pretty well. I wasn't sure about the brown/cream on black, but it works. That tail light ought to stop traffic. Interesting, as we both started with essentially the same bike and used similar design elements, the two bikes came out very differently (as you expected). Fraternal twins?

expjawa said:
Man, that came out pretty well. I wasn't sure about the brown/cream on black, but it works. That tail light ought to stop traffic. Interesting, as we both started with essentially the same bike and used similar design elements, the two bikes came out very differently (as you expected). Fraternal twins?

You are right my brother from a different mother,,,,,,,, But mine came out better, right????!!! :p 8)

It has been fun following your build too and seeing the different paths we took. You have one sick ride!! We should have a little side comp. Whoever ends up with the least votes buys the other a set of the new RRB drooling eyeball stickers. Whatcha think?

I am very pleased with the color balance between the black frame and fenders, the primer red seat, tank, skirts, and flames, and the crème accent wings.

What would you have done if I built a bike that didn't a few doodads and geegaws! :mrgreen:

aka_locojoe said:
Looking sweet. Maybe my favorite build of yours so far.

Thanks man!!! Of course, I only have about four to choose from.

It looks killer sir!! I should probably back out of the competition now with this thing I the mix.... :shock:

Chips_Mahoy said:
It looks killer sir!! I should probably back out of the competition now with this thing I the mix.... :shock:

Ain't no backin down allowed in Build Club. You know you have a sharp build going as well.

kingfish254 said:
What would you have done if I built a bike that didn't a few doodads and geegaws! :mrgreen:

Called you a copycat? :?
I didn't even put black paint on it this year. :mrgreen:

:? Say, that's not air in your tires is it? :p :lol:

deorman said:
I didn't even put black paint on it this year. :mrgreen:

What's up with that anyway? You even have "Red" in the name of your build. Are you feeling okay?

Latest posts

Back