Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) - 3/15 TRADED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-5/27 Chainring Seat Attached

I'm not cocky enough to think that I will win. I know that if the build progresses to the one that I have in my mind that I have a shot, but who knows, there are some wicked builds shaping up here and we have only just started. All I know is that I am having a blast with this build.

I did get a little good luck charm for this build today though. Since this is a 1953 bike, I picked up this 1953 bike tag with a mix of Number 1 and Number 8 on it.

So I guess, I'll either get 1st, 18th, or 188th place. :p

kingfish254 said:
I'm not cocky enough to think that I will win. I know that if the build progresses to the one that I have in my mind that I have a shot, but who knows.
I am having a blast with this build.

I did get a little good luck charm for this build today though. Since this is a 1953 bike, I picked up this 1953 bike tag with a mix of Number 1 and Number 8 on it.

HAHAHA

I'm having a blast also... just couldn't pass up throwing some smack around :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
I'm not cocky enough to think that I will win. I know that if the build progresses to the one that I have in my mind that I have a shot, but who knows.
I am having a blast with this build.

I was contemplating a preteens tag for my build or something like this plate http://www.ebay.com/itm/271210642564?ss ... 1438.l2661

Smack talk is fun. Not that much smack flying yet this year.

kingfish254 said:

I figured I would let you build up your self-esteem some first! :p

Rockit! said:
kingfish254 said:

I know what builds you (and others) are capable of, so I'm just trying to measure up. :D

kingfish254 said:
Rockit! said:
kingfish254 said:

I know what builds you (and others) are capable of, so I'm just trying to measure up. :D

Well, with my apparent lack of progress so far this year, I just don't feel comfortable dishing it out.............yet :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
I'm not cocky enough to think that I will win. I know that if the build progresses to the one that I have in my mind that I have a shot, but who knows, there are some wicked builds shaping up here and we have only just started. All I know is that I am having a blast with this build.

Awesome! My wife is from that exact town.... Does that mean i am gong to get 188th place? If she keeps monopolizin my time with duties i may not finish and up 188th on my own!

kingfish254 said:

Love these bars! I am using the same ones on my build but right side up.

Those bars cleaned up well and look perfect on DHii!

kingfish254 said:
Those bars cleaned up well and look perfect on DHii!

That's actually chrome in a can... :oops: They cleaned up decent but had a few spots especially around the bends so I just sprayed them with rustolium chrome in a can.

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-5/31 Car Tail Light

The vintage car tail light arrived today. It is has more metal on on side than the other, but it is symetrical, so I know that I can cut/grand the left side down to fit my bike. I don't know what car it comes from but it has a wicked glass lense and round jewel. I held up the short side (right side) to my fender and it has the same diameter curve. This is gonna be wicked!!!!

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-5/31 Vintage Car Tail Light

Actually looking at it closer there is a slight angle to the lense so that it isn't quitre symetrical, but it is something that I can live with. I really had to go back and look at it super close before I noticed it. It's a rat bike, it ain't gotta be perfect!!!!! :mrgreen:

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-5/31 Vintage Car Tail Light

Looks like this is from a 1948 Chrysler

012409GNRSSaturday156-vi.jpg

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-5/31 1948 Chrysler Tail Light

That light is cool in and of itself but way cool as a tailight on a bike 8) ....I love the subtle use of re-purposed old car parts on bikes. :D

keep this up and your gonna place real high again!! love the light

Troy

Sweeeet light !!!!!
Just wondering how much more can you fit on your bike,will there be room for you to sit and peddle :?: :lol:

Latest posts

Back