Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) - 3/15 TRADED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) 8/26 ChangesRADIO

Getting ready for the costume ride.

IMG_2689_zps3eac28b6.jpg

expjawa said:
Well, I guess you could call that literally over-the-top, though perhaps less so then wearing a shark fin... :mrgreen:

Or wearing a foam beer can suit! It's goofy, but fun and there is money/prizes involved. Two years ago, I won $200 with BEER RUN which I used to buy a set of Fat Franks and a 5 speed StingRay (which I sold for $200). Last year I came in 3rd and won $50 and bought some lights and stuff.

yoothgeye said:
I want those goggles when you are done!

These googles are too cool to give up! They are perfect for me because they are made to go over regular glasses.

Received my 2nd Place Prizes from Steve today. Thanks Mr Rat Rod!!!
Cool Cruisers book along with a Forum Name Plate, and some Stickers!
Very cool package to open up!
IMG_2709_zpsc8866ae2.jpg

aka_locojoe said:
Radio conversion is cool. You do a "how to"?

Actually Dbubbleguy is the one that modified the radio before he gave it to me. I just changed up where the mp3 player was located and created my own mounting brackets. I think I am also going to try to wire in an on/off micro switch to the internal amplified speaker battery. So far all of the mods have been done without drilling any holes in the case.

Check out the Bike Radio thread that he started.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68736&p=663515&hilit=tom+thumb#p663515

kingfish254 said:
Received my 2nd Place Prizes from Steve today. Thanks Mr Rat Rod!!!
Cool Cruisers book along with a Forum Name Plate, and some Stickers!
Very cool package to open up!
IMG_2709_zpsc8866ae2.jpg

now thats a sweet package looks like Christmas came early
fire wing is so deserving of such honors shes a beautiful bike you did a fantastic job brian
Sean

burrkrayecycles said:
now thats a sweet package looks like Christmas came early
fire wing is so deserving of such honors shes a beautiful bike you did a fantastic job brian
Sean

Thanks Sean! It was a cool surprise.

LukeTheJoker said:
Nice prizes King! Well deserved!
Luke.

Thanks Luke!

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-6/10 Ramshorn Question??

I just bought these blocks on the bay. I should be able to replace the black blocks on the teardrops.

$(KGrHqR,!oIF!FDTu0uUBQOk7j,3zQ~~60_3.JPG

Popping this to the end as a color reference for Dr Tankenstein

Trading Firewing with Tpender for his 1936 Silver King. It's gonna be a tight fit, but I think I can get her in the box with the forks, front wheel, pedals, and bars removed. I'll definitely remove the taillight glass and will probably need to remove the flying 8 ball fender ornament. The rear end of this bike has so many layers, I didn't even want to think about disassembly. I box up the front assembly and bars in another box. Wish me luck.

WP_20140331_19_48_33_Pro (856x1024).jpg
WP_20140331_19_50_12_Pro (1024x583).jpg
WP_20140331_19_52_21_Pro (1024x588).jpg

Latest posts

Back