First Build Advice

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now back to the @LAGreg build. What else you got planned for that ride?
Thanks everyone. I found a cruiser on Craig’s List for $50 with very clean wheels and several other parts I'll eventually use on other builds. The plan here was always simply to take the old bike apart, clean what can be cleaned and replace what needs to be replaced. Here is where I am right now...

I repainted the frame, cleaned the bottom bracket and greased the heck out of it, cleaned all the chrome (even removed a couple dents in the fenders), found good wheels, and ordered a new seat and grips - I had to cut the old grips off. My last bit is tires. I'm going to see what I can do with several white walls I've got, but if they're too far gone I'll get new tires. In the picture you see here, I have temp tires and seat just so I could give it a test ride. It rides pretty good. The new/old rims are true and smooth and the coaster break works well.

Stand by for more...

For installing grips, I soak them in very hot water. While they soak, smear a little liquid soap on the ends of the handlebar. The grips will go very easy.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

She's all done. Well, better to say I'm stopping. The original fenders were too much trouble at this point and not really needed. I got a new seat and grips. A set of white walls I had, cleaned up enough (if you don't look too closely) and I stuck on custom decals and pin-striping. I call my wife Honey so I named the bike the Honey Roller. Thanks for all the advice!
IMG_8998.jpg

IMG_8993.jpg

IMG_8994.jpg

Latest posts

Back