Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Site Owner
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Filmmaker Todd Huffman of Pipeline Digital Media just published a new mini documentary film on Gary Turner's Monoshock build from the 70s.

Todd reached out and asked for permission to use some footage of a Yamaha Moto-Bike I had at one point and it made its way into the video...my work stand is famous! :bigsmile:

Great historical BMX footage!

Jul 10, 2018
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for posting! Really enjoy and learning more about early bmx shock bikes. Nice to see them still in use. Like that it was restored with all original parts. Felt invincible on my lesser made stripped down Rampar R5.

Nov 24, 2019
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome documentary! It's funny, just a few minutes ago I made a comment on the BMX Build Off inspiration pics thread about that drilled monoshock and how I thought it looked homemade and not too pretty, but super functional, and I guess I hit the nail on the head! I had no idea how far back those early BMX bikes went, so it's cool to see the history on them! Thanks for sharing!

May 22, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a killer video. Makes me miss Cali, which is NOT an easy task. Missing my youth on the other hand is a daily occurrence...I actually had an original GT bike. Chrome Frame and fork. I loved that bike. I cracked the frame going for a record (according to the sponsors at the time) bunny hop of just over 4 feet. That led to the purchase of my PK Ripper...which also subsequently cracked while jumping it. What I wouldn't give to have either or both of those bikes now...

Reactions: Rat Rod