Flightliner Find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This bike has been on my radar for about 7 years since it was posted on Kijiji and slipped away.
It was pretty minty back then, but those long years outdoors and under a porch have produced a perfect patina on an all original ride.
I took her for a spin last night and she rides awesome with no squeaks or rattles.
Original All States good for display and pedals were borrowed for my build off bike.
IMG_20180728_214316.jpg
IMG_20180728_212943.jpg
IMG_20180728_214050.jpg

Very cool!
I just picked up my first Flightliner too. Same early guard, but different tank.
Have fun!

Before I picked the bike up I imagined all kinds of things I was going to do to it...
Then I got to know it and .... grease, rubber and batteries is the answer. That's all.
I don't even want to wash it at this point.
Maybe one day a little steel wool and blo and I suspect I'll tidy the hoops and tire and hub time.
My usual M. O. is a 24 hour make over, but I will try and leave it as found as long as I can.
I've been riding this bike since the first day we met.

I miss my Spaceliner with the Springer fork the most. I've had a couple of other Flightliners, but this one is the most complete and original of the bunch.
I'm a pushover when it comes to any liner frames because they're so cool and versatile.
Thank you Sears.

Nice find, great it has all that original parts.
I have a slow build going on one - didnt have a tank or rear rack when I got it.

Thanks, it was a long wait to get my mitts on this one.
I'm riding it most days and considering swapping to multi speed wheel set.
Enjoy your build, these old Murray frames are fun to work with.

Latest posts

Back