flipped cruiser bars?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heya. I'm working on a early 50's Sears cruiser. Whilst trying to figure out my design plan, I flipped the handlebars upside down to make a drop-bar style bar, turning the bike into a bit of a racer.

anyone else do this? I'm thinking about taking off the fenders and just going with the naked bike look, like a cafe racer type job.

pics pending

cool.

i'm digging the look, but i need to ditch the seat (cruiser/springer style) and go for a more standard race saddle, but the skinny seat post will be tough to match up with a seat to fit it.

Yeah, I don't think you'll find any new 5/8" clamps, but sometimes the central clamp from the old saddles can be mixed with later 10 spd parts. If you're dealing with the 13/16" that is tapered down to 5/8" on one end, you might be able to flip the post and use a later clamp.

after getting it together and sitting on the seat, it'll do. Essentially, the whole bike is a death trap LOL. But it's fun. so if the seat isn't 100%, so what. it works.

Here it is. Rust removed, all bearings rebuilt, regreased, etc. Handlebars flipped. Ooh yeah, The Red Racer.

Attachments

• 6C266686-A921-4823-9C26-C6A31F08E997.jpeg
    6C266686-A921-4823-9C26-C6A31F08E997.jpeg
    552 KB · Views: 116

Latest posts

Back