"For Ape Hangers Only" Club

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "For Ape Hangers Only" Club

Here's 2 of the bikes in my stable. Chicago Cycle Supply Liberty, and my Beast
yse3y2yr.jpg
udy7etyj.jpg

ragz2richzapes said:
Love em ALL her's mine
IMG_1662.jpg

some one reefed the bars back a little not my normal riding position
IMG_1554.jpg

Hope this weekend can do you-tube ride and post
She can roll sweet :)

Here's a ride of the JOKER by

DR MOTO - JAP BIKE SHOW 2011 - TEASER - APE BIKE –you tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axtf6bUYgLs

That is one wicked bike man!!!!

I am having trouble keeping my bars from wiggling loose, anyone got a solution? This is my first ape-hanger bike and wow they're springy.

Stem loose in steer tube, or bar loose in stem? Bar smooth or fluted at mounting point? Stem smooth or fluted at mounting point? Shims, or no shims? Wimpy stamp-folded steel stem, traditional cast, or newer "mtb" style? Either you're not cranking it tight enough, or you've got a stem problem. You need a tight fitting and strong stem to handle the leverage. Old style cheap stems will only work if a perfect fit, and you can actually bend or break them at very inconvenient moments. :|

deorman said:
Stem loose in steer tube, or bar loose in stem? Bar smooth or fluted at mounting point? Stem smooth or fluted at mounting point? Shims, or no shims? Wimpy stamp-folded steel stem, traditional cast, or newer "mtb" style? Either you're not cranking it tight enough, or you've got a stem problem. You need a tight fitting and strong stem to handle the leverage. Old style cheap stems will only work if a perfect fit, and you can actually bend or break them at very inconvenient moments. :|

Sounds like i need to give it some muscle. It's a 28" ape hanger bar in a shim in the folded stem of the 20" sears spyder posted a few pages back, so I was kinda pushing it. Just wondering if there were any genius fixes out there I don't know of.

Might have to just add a toolbag with a wrench.

My only contribution is this 59 Ross Deluxe....my first taste of a vintage tanklight bike and what started all the madness and the overwhelming addiction I now have.

attachment.php

por2gezo said:
most recently ... am trying out these bars ... what do you all think?

2013-07-13104826.jpg

2013-07-13104821.jpg

The bars are cool, but lose the basket.

ZygoteLittle said:
por2gezo said:
most recently ... am trying out these bars ... what do you all think?

2013-07-13104826.jpg

2013-07-13104821.jpg

The bars are cool, but lose the basket.

thanks for the feedback, but that basket is welded into the bars. May just stick to the ape hangers.

Here are my Wald Billy Goat (ramshorn) ape hangers (upside down) on Firewing (RRBBO8)

IMG_2399_zps1b87b02d.jpg

Latest posts

Back