For Fun - Thrift Store Find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hola peoples,

I thought some of you might like to see this .. maybe it might inspire some of you.

I found a 20" bike at the thrift store when I was looking for bike parts. It is called a space star by Woolco.. distributed by Woolworth's. Got it for $3.00 so.. it will be a project for a later date.

whole_bike.jpg

front_fender.jpg

front_badge.jpg

chainguard.jpg

rear_fender.jpg

Gold Street Customs said:
That is a nice piece of eighties history,(cant believe I'm calling the eighties historic ) but it is what it is.
Its good to be old. Sometimes, like eating cookies or ice cream any time i want. HEHEHE

Woolworth's, that brings back memories we had one of those on Main St when I was growing up, back in the age before malls. Cool bike.

^^ the one on Main Street in Middletown right? I remember it. It was still there in the early 80s when I moved to the area.

That's cool. Makes me wanna go find a stand up space invaders game and toss some change in it.

The ol'lady and I were just talking about woolworths the other day.

Got fond memories of the soda stand they had in the one my grandma took me to as a kid.

Cool piece of history and your lbs deserves a sixer or a fat steak for that one

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
^^ the one on Main Street in Middletown right? I remember it. It was still there in the early 80s when I moved to the area.

Yeah, that was the one, amazed it made it into the 80s, I was out in Cali by then

i have one of thez bikes i found it in my friends back lawn. i love riding it around its fun to ride il post a pic of it. i redid the hole bike. but its still all stock parts besides tires n rims the old rims incaved.

Latest posts

Back