for sale/wanted thread maintenance

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Just a discussion point.
I recently started a 'wanted' thread for some stems. Shortly afterward, I found something that 'would work' on eBay. My thread didn't have any responses before my purchase.

Is it the 'right thing to do' to delete my post, since it's now 'dead'? I see it all the time here, where someone will find what they were looking for, or sell something in the 'For Sale' section, and leave the thread open.
Would it be no much to ask to 'clean up after yourself'?

Won't all these 'dead threads' slow down searches?

Just askin'....no biggie.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Ya, one of the nice things about the RatRod forum that differs from many, if not most other forums out there, we're able to make changes to the thread title. Adding a "SOLD" or "CLOSED" in the thread title would save a lot of wasted surfing time.

I have been wondering the same thing. It's hard enough to search through all the goodie posts on here everyday just to waste half of your time on old stuff thats dead. I usually post "sold" in the title but how do you just delete it?

I can't remember but I think you just click the 'X' instead of 'edit'.

Or ask a moderator. We are always more than happy to nuke a thread. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cman said:
I can't remember but I think you just click the 'X' instead of 'edit'.

Or ask a moderator. We are always more than happy to nuke a thread. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I don't think us regular members can delete a post if someone else has posted after us.

I just looked at my own post after I posted it and I can delete it (or edit it as I am doing now). I bet none of the previous posts can be deleted now, only edited.

You are right. Regular members can't deleted post. I would just mark everything sold and and add SOLD to the thread title.

Since we need to delete posts, you think Steve would make us mods and then we can clean up the forum and ban a few members while we are cleaning up the forum:). Ill start by banning all that have more posts than me so I can end up looking like a senior member.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back