Found it, didn't buy it, yet...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Saw this today at an antique shop near my work
7523f82b0c6e1646a664fa7290d9f925.jpg
looks to be westfield built, missing the truss rods and the drop stand, this thing on the fender
24b7c8fa83d0fb6937ca4f0943cf4b9d.jpg
decent looking seat
471c537de45f50c1f91af7796a805ec0.jpg
new departure hub, tires are shot, only reason I didn't put it into my work truck was the frame was welded on both top tubes
c4e899f135a6fcf2acdf737ad260b00e.jpg
and it's nowhere near straight or square any more. I might go back and get it just for the parts though...

With the messed up top tubes, I wouldn't go over $100.

Frame toast, but cool parts

Make the save friend, there a lot of neat parts.
Get it before someone does this wirh it or worse.
ad_0_1501164752877.jpg

Actually, this old Evans actually just got delivered to my door.
Parts is parts.
PART YEE ON IB!

Last edited:
Saw this today at an antique shop near my work
7523f82b0c6e1646a664fa7290d9f925.jpg
looks to be westfield built, missing the truss rods and the drop stand, this thing on the fender
24b7c8fa83d0fb6937ca4f0943cf4b9d.jpg
decent looking seat
471c537de45f50c1f91af7796a805ec0.jpg
new departure hub, tires are shot, only reason I didn't put it into my work truck was the frame was welded on both top tubes
c4e899f135a6fcf2acdf737ad260b00e.jpg
and it's nowhere near straight or square any more. I might go back and get it just for the parts though...

I had one of those! The very FIRST bike I ever painted. It was my Father-in-law's. Not knowing anything and being stupid (just a little), I re-did it for my son, 14 years ago. It was his grandfathers', now it's his. If I gave it to him in original condition, I don't think he would have kept it.....14 years later it still looks like the day I gave it to him....I believe it was a '36 Monarch. Strange because Columbia was in full swing just a few miles away. If you get it, I'll snap a pic of the head badge.
071.JPG
072.JPG

If I knew then what I know now...Oh well!
001-42.JPG
004-14.JPG

#1 Nope, but thanks. I so need the parts myself and Canadian shipping kills.
#2 This isn't my thread. I'd kindly suggest contacting 2nd party posters by pm so as not to jack a threads.
My bad firstly, but we're all cool.

Well, while I'm here, I gotta ask if there's any news on the Westfield I.B.?

[QUOTE="

Well, while I'm here, I gotta ask if there's any news on the Westfield I.B.?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know it's still there, the parts are cool but there's a local swap meet this weekend and I'd rather spend the money on something with a good frame

[QUOTE="

Well, while I'm here, I gotta ask if there's any news on the Westfield I.B.?

As far as I know it's still there, the parts are cool but there's a local swap meet this weekend and I'd rather spend the money on something with a good frame[/QUOTE]

I suppose that makes sense. It would be a challenge to build a bike around a part.

That rack is awesome!

Thanks, it's just what I had wished for on a Dean-like framed build I'm doing.
Its pretty rare to see an Evans locally and I had beem looking this guard forever when I had an Olympic.
Now........finding an Evansaction fork would just be a dream come true.

Well it was still out there Friday, stopped and had a nice chat with the lady who runs the place, she and her husband are rebuilding an old tandem to ride so I told her about our group. She knocked another 40 bucks off the asking price so I brought it home :)

Latest posts

Back