• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOUND Tank for 52 JC Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I found this bike in Tecumseh,KS complete except for the tank.
View attachment 106031
Here's a picture of the same model with a tank. I guess it wouldn't need the graphics, but....

View attachment 106032
Looks like my Vermillion red has faded. But from the catalog description, I know the headlamp should be Vermillion.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Ed

Addendum: Dr. Tankenstein said my pictures didn't show up. I've re-posted them below his comments. Continue to scroll.

Ed

Last edited:
I'll try again. Trying to post pictures with this Android is a real PITA. Hopefully these will show up. Ed
20190926_214815.jpg

November082009056.jpg

The tank in the bottom picture is the style that I'm looking for.

Last edited:
The repos have the holes for the horn button in the wrong place. On the JC Higgihs, the holes need to be on the top next to the frame. I've since found an original with a working horn and the correct paint and graphics. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Thanks for the help.

Ed

Latest posts

Back