• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOUND Found - Thanks Dr T

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Awesome

👑 Lord of Irrelevance
Staff member
Admin
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Strangest wanted ad I've ever placed

Does any one have a drop chunk of 1.125 steerer tube? Something they trimmed off a new fork perhaps

I've got to extend one that's too short. Probably need 2" or better. Thought I had a couple in my parts pile but I must have tossed them thinking they'd never be needed. Ha!

PoliticalOccasionalEgret-max-1mb.gif

Are you looking for a donor 1.125 fork bud?
I may have a threaded one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got the fork, but unfortunately I forgot to compensate for the extra deep races on the retro ryder headset so my steerer is now short. Stupid mistake. I can make due with sectioning in a stub. Otherwise only half of the clamping area on my stem has contact :mad:

If it meant cutting the piece off a junk fork, sure. I just thought someone might have one

ask a LBS, we had lots of cut pieces around.
I called my locals. Not a one

Actually one said they had a few but couldn't give me one because of "liability" :wondering: So I offered to buy it and they said they don't sell scrap pieces.......o_O

Actually one said they had a few but couldn't give me one because of "liability" :wondering: So I offered to buy it and they said they don't sell scrap pieces.......o_O
I miss the old shop:cry: We gave stuff like that to anyone who'd ask. Had a lil' pile of metal scraps stowed under a staircase.

Last edited:

PM me, I think I’ve got you covered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost cried at the lbs yesterday. He's an old guy, same shop for decades. Asked if he had any old parts laying around.
"Nope. If I take it off a bike, I throw it out."
Also didn't want to work on my old Sachs 3 speed. He was my last hope, all the techs at the other shops are younger than the century, wouldn't know a brake shoe from a Five Ten.

I almost cried at the lbs yesterday. He's an old guy, same shop for decades. Asked if he had any old parts laying around.
"Nope. If I take it off a bike, I throw it out."
Also didn't want to work on my old Sachs 3 speed. He was my last hope, all the techs at the other shops are younger than the century, wouldn't know a brake shoe from a Five Ten.
Sad but true

Latest posts

Back