Frame Addition Options W/O a Welder?

Oct 4, 2009
NorCal, SF Bay
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Is there any way I could do some simple additions to a frame without welding? I was thinking about making a double bar on one of my projects, but I dont have a welder.

Suggestions?

Sam

Oct 5, 2009
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just thikin if it is more for looks maybe JB weld but I read some where here that there is a welding stuff that does not require torch, i'll see what I can find also check out high schools , they often haev classes that will do this type of stuff cheap

good luck

Sep 18, 2010
S.F. bay area
www.aoaforums.com
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
theres a guy on one of these bike sites that built an entire chopper frame with PC-7 epoxy, :lol: :shock: says he has ridden it for years with no problems.

I have a freezeplug in the back of the head on my pick up that started leaking and I slapped some in there for a temp fix, the new plug is still in my glove box 10 yrs later.. :roll: good epoxy should hold anything non structural in place..

Oct 4, 2009
NorCal, SF Bay
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
scrumblero said:
theres a guy on one of these bike sites that built an entire chopper frame with PC-7 epoxy, :lol: :shock: says he has ridden it for years with no problems.

I have a freezeplug in the back of the head on my pick up that started leaking and I slapped some in there for a temp fix, the new plug is still in my glove box 10 yrs later.. :roll: good epoxy should hold anything non structural in place..

Good idea! Thanks for the input!

Aug 28, 2008
Manteca California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am liking the sound of this stuff..so where do I find it ?
scrumblero said:

Aug 9, 2009
Medford OR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ummm what about brazing? No welder needed and it's got a pretty long and good reputation. lol. Just pick up a bottle of MAP gas and torch head. It's fully capable of building a complete frame with it and some brazing rods. There's quite a few videos on Youtube of guys building complete frames in their backyard with that.