Frame Addition Options W/O a Welder?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just thikin if it is more for looks maybe JB weld but I read some where here that there is a welding stuff that does not require torch, i'll see what I can find also check out high schools , they often haev classes that will do this type of stuff cheap

good luck

theres a guy on one of these bike sites that built an entire chopper frame with PC-7 epoxy, :lol: :shock: says he has ridden it for years with no problems.

I have a freezeplug in the back of the head on my pick up that started leaking and I slapped some in there for a temp fix, the new plug is still in my glove box 10 yrs later.. :roll: good epoxy should hold anything non structural in place..

41oSOuCQdwL._SS500_.jpg

scrumblero said:
theres a guy on one of these bike sites that built an entire chopper frame with PC-7 epoxy, :lol: :shock: says he has ridden it for years with no problems.

I have a freezeplug in the back of the head on my pick up that started leaking and I slapped some in there for a temp fix, the new plug is still in my glove box 10 yrs later.. :roll: good epoxy should hold anything non structural in place..

41oSOuCQdwL._SS500_.jpg
Good idea! Thanks for the input!

Here's one of my no-weld stretch frame pieces, all bolt on and entirely reversible. Just a suspension bike rear end bolted to the stays and some flat steel to brace it from the seat clamp to the shock mount. Might try to make bolt on pieces. :wink:

P9140190.jpg

I am liking the sound of this stuff..so where do I find it ?
scrumblero said:

41oSOuCQdwL._SS500_.jpg

Ummm what about brazing? No welder needed and it's got a pretty long and good reputation. lol. Just pick up a bottle of MAP gas and torch head. It's fully capable of building a complete frame with it and some brazing rods. There's quite a few videos on Youtube of guys building complete frames in their backyard with that.

Latest posts

Back