Frankenrod (switch up pg. 3)

Oct 9, 2012
Troy NY
I've had this half OCC/half Cranbrook sitting around for quite a while. I've also wanted a stupid low chopper for a long time.
I'm going for a penny theme here. I don't have and set drawings, it's just kinda falling out of my head as I go.

That's a 190/30 Avon Gangster on the OCC rim. :shock: Still waiting for my 5 speed freewheel to show up cus that babies FAT!

Having the first day of the build-off off is priceless. :lol:

That's a moped wheel with a 20x2.125 slick on. I think I might have gone too low. :lol: :shock:

Also scored these 3" pennies for a wheel insert and headbadge.

Oct 9, 2012
Troy NY
Re: Abraham the Hot Rod Lincoln

Thanks guys! I'm pretty amped to finally have hands on with this one! :shock: :shock: :lol:

Skipton said:
Just the color of the rim has me hooked.
Looking great so far!
Thanks bud! I've got some crazy ideas color wise.....should be super fun!

Apr 13, 2009
Canton Mi

It looks low enough but is it long enough? Hope your not too tall. Your off to a great start though. Now I gotta get started.

Oct 9, 2012
Troy NY

Tommy Atoms said:
It looks low enough but is it long enough? Hope your not too tall. Your off to a great start though. Now I gotta get started.
It's mildly cramped but not to a fault. Safe storage is an issue for me and the things already almost 8 ft long. :shock: :shock: :lol:

Oct 9, 2012
Troy NY

dragnusa said:
heres what came to mind when I read your title http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icO5TLmEtEk
The original Commander Cody version is what I was listening to when I dubbed the name, but All is one of my FAVORITES. I got to see them a couple times in the 90's. Great band great show.

LukeTheJoker said:
Loving it Terry!
Glad you are joining the Motorbike tire brigade! :wink:
Luke.
After seeing how great they looked on "50 years" I couldn't not! Plus I got hooked up with that one. There's no way on earth I'd buy a tire that expensive for a bicycle. :lol: :lol: Avon doesn't know cheap!

I made a little more progress yesterday. Got the crank and seat mounted. I'm obviously recovering the hideous occ original and I think I'll alter the position a bit, but it's on there. Depending on Fedex, This beast might be rideable by the end of the weekend! :shock:

Oct 9, 2012
Troy NY

LukeTheJoker said:
That is some quick work Terry!

Luke.
I was so excited to start and wound up with the day off. I sprung from bed at 7 am beaming (not sure the girl was thrilled about that. :lol: ) Then it all just poured out! :lol:

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles