Frankenrod (switch up pg. 3)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Abraham the Hot Rod Lincoln

bigfatcat said:

Man, I love the stance of that. The way the seat is low in front of the rear wheel, it reminds me of Don Garlits rear engine version of the Swamp Rat back in the day.

swamp_rat_141317696628.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Man, I love the stance of that. The way the seat is low in front of the rear wheel, it reminds me of Don Garlits rear engine version of the Swamp Rat back in the day.

swamp_rat_141317696628.jpg

I was going for a dragster feel! Thanks for the inspiration! :mrgreen:

Can´t wait for the riding pic, this is going to be awesome!!!

Commander Cody was playing on my shop mp3 today and I thought of this build.

I like the frame job, fat wheel in back is cool. These bikes have to be a lot harder to pedal tho..?

smokey4life said:
I like the frame job, fat wheel in back is cool . These bikes have to be a lot harder to pedal tho..?

That's actually what's got me stalled at this point. I got temp bars and a chain on this beast just to see how it rides. The rake and the fat tire make it nearly impossible. I even dropped the gearing to 32/14 and it kept me from any meaningful speed. The rake wants to flop the whole thing on it's side with every minor input. I might have to use my one frame swap on this one and go back to this after the build off.

Just for the sake of it, make some extended drop outs for the front forks that move the wheel straight forward about 8 to 10 inches, that should solve your flop issue (trail) and make it easier to ride. It may still be too hard but you never know... :wink:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Just for the sake of it, make some extended drop outs for the front forks that move the wheel straight forward about 8 to 10 inches, that should solve your flop issue (trail) and make it easier to ride. It may still be too hard but you never know... :wink:

Luke.

I'm going to try until I drop.... literally. :lol: I do have a rollfast frame I raked out last night that I'm pretty amped about so I guess we'll see after tonights effort. :D

erichitscar said:
Abraham Lincoln, Hot rod slayer!

:lol:

So, after fighting with the driveline on this beast for the past week, I'm going to put it on the back burner until I have a little more money and time to throw at it. I'm going to use my frame swap to switch to a 50's something Rollfast 24".

As I got it

With a bit of rake!

Testing fitment with the parts I have on hand.

I've got a bunch more welding to do and some interesting sissy bar ideas floating around in my head. I've also got a couple older big rig headlights I'd like to try on this one. We shall see! :D

LukeTheJoker said:
Wow! That is some awesome rake!
Looking forward to the sissy bar/light ideas...
Keep it coming Terry, love watching your builds!

Luke.

Thanks bud! I've got some cool stuff in mind for this one. It'll be refreshing to use a proven driveline. I got so frustrated, I figured it was time to switch. What's the point of building if it's not fun! :lol:

Hate to see teh Swap Rat put on hold, but I dig what you are doing with the new build.

bigfatcat said:
Thanks bud! I've got some cool stuff in mind for this one. It'll be refreshing to use a proven driveline. I got so frustrated, I figured it was time to switch. What's the point of building if it's not fun! :lol:
Agree entirely!
When the time comes to get back to the other build, KingFish's Fugsley might be a good build to look over, fairly similar set up wheel and tire wise to yours, admittedly in a far different application, but the driveline might give you a spark for an idea!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back