Frankenrod (switch up pg. 3)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had this half OCC/half Cranbrook sitting around for quite a while. I've also wanted a stupid low chopper for a long time.
I'm going for a penny theme here. I don't have and set drawings, it's just kinda falling out of my head as I go.

That's a 190/30 Avon Gangster on the OCC rim. :shock: Still waiting for my 5 speed freewheel to show up cus that babies FAT!

Having the first day of the build-off off is priceless. :lol:

That's a moped wheel with a 20x2.125 slick on. I think I might have gone too low. :lol: :shock:

Also scored these 3" pennies for a wheel insert and headbadge.

Re: Abraham the Hot Rod Lincoln

I am diggin this MO FATTA MO BETTA build.
Good luck.

Thanks guys! I'm pretty amped to finally have hands on with this one! :shock: :shock: :lol:

Skipton said:
Just the color of the rim has me hooked.
Looking great so far!

Thanks bud! I've got some crazy ideas color wise.....should be super fun!

Tommy Atoms said:
It looks low enough but is it long enough? Hope your not too tall. Your off to a great start though. Now I gotta get started.

It's mildly cramped but not to a fault. Safe storage is an issue for me and the things already almost 8 ft long. :shock: :shock: :lol:

Sweet stance! :mrgreen:

dragnusa said:
heres what came to mind when I read your title http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icO5TLmEtEk

The original Commander Cody version is what I was listening to when I dubbed the name, but All is one of my FAVORITES. I got to see them a couple times in the 90's. Great band great show.

LukeTheJoker said:
Loving it Terry!
Glad you are joining the Motorbike tire brigade! :wink:
Luke.

After seeing how great they looked on "50 years" I couldn't not! Plus I got hooked up with that one. There's no way on earth I'd buy a tire that expensive for a bicycle. :lol: :lol: Avon doesn't know cheap!

I made a little more progress yesterday. Got the crank and seat mounted. I'm obviously recovering the hideous occ original and I think I'll alter the position a bit, but it's on there. Depending on Fedex, This beast might be rideable by the end of the weekend! :shock:

LukeTheJoker said:
That is some quick work Terry!

Luke.

I was so excited to start and wound up with the day off. I sprung from bed at 7 am beaming (not sure the girl was thrilled about that. :lol: ) Then it all just poured out! :lol:

Latest posts

Back