Free find today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Just picked this up this morning without knowing the condition or what it was really besides a raleigh. Im thinking its from the 60's, pretty sweet ladies bike and I couldn't argue with the free price! The brooks saddle looks spotty only because I had to drive home through a rain storm so it's a little wet. Anyone out there have a front basket that they'd sell for cheap? This bike is for my mom when it's cleaned up and she wanted a basket for the front.

069.jpg

There is a two digit number stamped on the rear hub underneath the Sturmey Acrher Logo that can help you date your bike. The two digits represent the year the hub was made and most likely the year the bike was made also

soulshine73 said:
There is a two digit number stamped on the rear hub underneath the Sturmey Acrher Logo that can help you date your bike. The two digits represent the year the hub was made and most likely the year the bike was made also
You can pin it down even further........beneath the 2 digit number will be another number that corresponds with the month it was built, if its a 6 or 7 then it was built in June or July :)

You got that bike for free, that is a good score to me.

The closest bike shop near me as several old 60's & 70's Raleighs and they are in good condition for around or over $250.

Nice looking raleigh, they are built to last, and at that price, it's a epic deal lol

Latest posts

Back