Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - We have brakes now!

I finished up the rear brakes tonight and went for a ride.
Before I just had the front brake alone and it was more of a deterrent and less a brake.
Now I have both front and back brakes.
I did the same thing that Josh did on his BoB and just used a couple of pipe clamps to attach a ground-to-fit brake lever to the existing levers. There are prettier ways I could attach these, but this works fine.

Once I get up to a normal speed with this low gearing, I can stop in about 3 feet. The only hill for miles is the ride down from Bay Street on the cobblestone ramp to River Street. They should work well enough for that slow decline (3.5 story drop over the course of a block).

Front Brakes
Photo_A8FB2A3C-4A24-C50B-61F8-BA067073E983.jpg

Rear Brakes
Photo_58E50A07-7B11-0995-1AB8-A998BD62D8E1.jpg

Also have to share these photos of what I passed on the way home from work today.
Photo_DA27C075-242F-01B5-3B84-EE5A5BCF3A99.jpg
Photo_06746EA7-8F7E-9C2A-1AC8-89FD65A6148F.jpg
Photo_0D430822-0C0E-91BD-A28D-380D9CC5EC51.jpg
Photo_70456894-F899-1988-AC80-00048FC842D1.jpg

josh_from_ga said:
brakes look good. sorry about the pics, my camera still hasnt made its way out the gf's car.

No prob Josh, I figured it out. I amy go back and connect the brake arms with screws and paint to dress it up a bit.
They work fine as is though.

Took Fugsley out for another fun ride after yard sale-ing.
Here it is next to Johnnny Mercer
Photo_652EA486-C886-E401-9BA9-D022DF379DA0.jpg

And heer it is next to a wedding Rolls and stretch Hummer.

Photo_768D56F0-C311-776C-84FF-A2AF9CA27ACF.jpg

I had two different couples (three total) that told me I should market Fugsley. I also had the guy that gave me the deal on all of the bike parts do that because he had seen me on BEER RUN and FUGSLEY. He said he knew that the parts would end up on cool bikes. I really got a kick out of that.

Maybe I'll just send you some grips... or a roll of electric tape.

No need for grips until paint and I decide if if I want to change the handlebars.

I just like the way this photo showed the scale of the tires.
Photo_7BC759BE-993B-2D9C-87F4-F0D9ED62B494.jpg

kingfish254,
You probably aren't looking to change Fugsley's name, but I thought of one that gives tribute to it's roots of Dahon, Harley and Pugsley: Da Hogsley!

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Those are 90mm wide tires,right? Will the OCC fender fit over it? Just askin..... :roll:

It kinda does and it doesn't. It is almost the right radius but narrow, but I won't be using fenders on Fugsley.
I haven't forgotten about you Doc. If I end up with extra OCC fenders, you da man.
I still don't have any for sure spares because I might be welding two to make them double wide for my harley tire chopper trike build.

Popcorn said:
kingfish254,
You probably aren't looking to change Fugsley's name, but I thought of one that gives tribute to it's roots of Dahon, Harley and Pugsley: Da Hogsley!

I like it, but I think I have grown to like Fugsley.

hey king, I put some pic's of the jackshaft in my build, go take alook.

Outlaw 8)

Re: Folding Pugsley = Fugsley - Water Ski Rack

I cut down the water ski and strapped it to the rear to see how well it would work and look.
What do you think?

Photo_C9EADF08-64B9-52AC-E54E-16DBFE90013E.jpg
Photo_B483CDCE-0FEE-A7AB-E52E-CD6C72A7D54D.jpg
Photo_C972BB92-59A7-C153-0589-87816B0A019B.jpg
Photo_6D69DEDD-24E1-6242-2A79-0E937D0CF213.jpg
Photo_6DC2BEA2-6555-433B-E434-EAD23720F372.jpg
Photo_AB8B4B33-9DF4-DD7E-FD20-ABC0D2F0C5D6.jpg

Also I found this hot rod T-Bucket that was painted so it would match my seat.
Photo_28DAFA39-E4DC-8A7B-6243-0F6E10FBF8CC.jpg

Photo_E4B8DFA3-8648-C9A6-1B10-7829C6CF96B9.jpg

Photo_409219BF-6152-9F46-FBBA-F1BD9D8FFF9A.jpg

looks good and so does that T.

Outlaw 8)

Thanks, I still need to mold the front a bit and I think I am going to put the fin in facing down on the back end.
Also need to decide on how to mount it, then I can start thinking about paint and graphics and beer cooler.

Thanks a lot Tank!!!

I haven't folded it in a while, but yes, it will stll fold!!!

I still want to try and make a banana seat out of a water ski sometime. Not this bike, but some future build.

WIth such a small frame I really think it needs to be a bright color and I really like the yellow on the front of this car (and my seat). Maybe I will try to lay down some flames on the ski?? It would be a shame to waste that big surface without putting something cool on it.

I saw a water ski in a junk store on Wednesday and it got to wondering if you were still going to do this. Looks really good.

Back when I was in my teens and I thought skateboarding was cool, I would buy different colored grip tape and do designs with it. What if you made flames on your ski top out of different colored grip tape. Better yet, save money, just put a solid layer of black grip tape on it and then mask and spray praint your flames, spray painted grip tape still has a lot of grip, for that cooler of yours.

What is that liquid in your bottle?

Latest posts

Back