Full View 2.0

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Full View

Yeah, that's just enough information to make my head explode trying to combine the 2...

At least you be able to see where your going and where you've been.
Good luck buddy!

This is going to be wild!! I only got the early partial "skinny" a short time ago
and really looking forward to how you play this one out
With your talent and track record, this is going to be one to watch...

Looking forward to meeting up with you in Portland next month :D

Re: Full View-lets get this part started!

I had abandoned this build, and now its back. For reference its a It is a 1955 Columbia Fleetwing, and it was ridden hard and put away wet for sure!
717FC1C2-3FCF-4B6B-9CBB-296FF7DDCB1C-928-000000BF9989A13F.jpg

Here is where I am starting the build off... I previously had it blasted and primed and I was just starting the body work.
IMG_1140_zpsc0fb073f.jpg

72af1651-fee4-4c4b-aab6-11c549264a2a_zpsd95c3fd3.jpg

When I refurb a bike I like to put on modern wheels to lighten the bike up a bit and for safety in general. I'm also adding Moon Disc to the front and back and they fricken weigh a ton so any weight savings is a plus at this point.

Typically they are Weinmann wheelsets and the hubs are to long and thick for the vintage forks. To counter this I remove material from the cone and the nut to equal .140" off each side so I get about .280" total, I also take of about .050" from each side of the axle so that everything fits without stress to the vintage fork.

BEFORE ABOUT .725"

AFTER ABOUT .585"

I remember that moon disk.
What's in that brain of yours this time around???

Re: Full View-Full Moon

wow on the moon disc this bike is gonna be sweet!!

Troy

tvc15 said:

whoa! whats that wood machinists chest?

Re: Full View-Full Moon

So I lost my motivation for sanding... but I found it and I'm back on task! I probably shouldn't have bought this bike because one side of the tank looks like someone set a chimp on it with the round end of a ball-peen hammer, this thing was messed up. After some beating with the other end of the hammer its straight again. Tuned up the frame and chain guard.

I know that it's boring, fun stuff soon .

Also picked up the first of the headlights

Latest posts

Back