Gaskill's Hop Shop: "Dead Little Dove"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So school is back in and its time again to start building another rolling wonder. Although I'm bad at keeping up with progress pictures, I will try my hardest to keep a steady flow of photography on this bike.

So here is the first concept sketch that I started with. I liked this idea a lot but it didn't do it for me so the bike has gone on to be a bit different.
concept.jpg

So the bike that i'm starting out with is a J.C. Higgins
inline3.jpg

inline3_2.jpg

So that was the intial mock up, then the bike got bigger with the addition of a GT frame in the center to hold the middle wheel.
Noname_Progress1_MG_2156.jpg

I've had the bike sandblasted now, and am ready to start working on a final mock up perhaps. I will keep ya posted!

Pretty intense. Very different. Dare I ask what the wheel in the middle is for? I was thinking part of the drivetrain somehow but couldnt figure it out from your sketch...

Here is the reason for the center wheel: I believe that the motor is the most fascinating part on a motorycle. This single element turned the once bicycle into a motorbike. I've tried to mimic motorcycles with a bicycle and wasn't satisfied. The 3rd Wheel ( Which has moon disc covers/not shown) will act as this centrifuge engine for the bike. There is the actually man power still. But this wheel is capable of bringing the bike up to speeds no man can peddle.

Flippin brilly. What a great idea and utilization of parts in a way few people have ever considered. Absolutely love the bike.

Not only I love the concept and I know this is gonna be The Bike... I also love the first sketch, very neat. I´m hooked :shock:

I'm watching with great interest. Let me know if you would be willing to sell that sketch when you are finished.

Ok guys, I've been painting and doing body work for the past couple of days. I will get some pictures up on here pretty soon, I'm glad to hear that there is some interest circulating around my new machine.

Here is the sand blasted frame, that i'm trying to get ready for paint.
adam012.jpg

Moon Disc that will go on the center wheel.
adam021.jpg

You really can't tell from this picture, but this wheel has a thick silver paint job. The paint that i have chosen for both the frame and wheels is an industrial paint from a spray can. The color is aluminum but it comes out looking much like chrome paint, But looks better i think. When the weather gets better I'll get some outside pictures.
adam015.jpg

Latest posts

Back