Gaskill's Hop Shop: "Dead Little Dove"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lavrente said:
I thought this site was about rat rodding and new ideas not to put down anyone's ideas no matter how radical they are.

No kidding. One of the things I like most about this website is the civility and support of members for each other here, let alone the unbelievable imagination and talent.
How about keeping the negative comments to yourself, Mastro - it was way out of line. If you don't like something, please just pass it by and leave it to those who appreciate it to do the commenting.

mastronaut said:
PS I'm not sure what's up with the clown thing but I assure you, you'll never pass muster in my company... :p :x

hmmm...rude.

jimw1960 said:
I'm watching with great interest. Let me know if you would be willing to sell that sketch when you are finished.

dido. that would look awesome framed in my bike lab. ill take a print for sure. definitely let me know if you decide to make some prints. i love this build :D

hey now, everyone calm down. yes gaskill's ideas ae radical, to say the least, but ingenious, cool, and very original. now dont anyone go knockin' his work, 'cuz "Big Daddy" Roth wuz pretty radical too. and we all know him as a great man with a legacy all his own. Gaskill has cobbled many bikes together, and it seems they all have this trend of being something thats vintage, cool, and built around the idea of speed, not practicality.
oh and jim i think your right.

that thing is lookin nuts man... I love it!

I am diggin this bike.....I imagine the auxillary wheel storing energy for later use.

Hey guys, I really appreciate the responses i've been getting. Its an honor to be talked about along with the Big Daddy. I never figured out what the fuss was in the first place. When i hot rod anything, I try to bring something very new to the table. I'm going to continue striving to be weird in what i build and quite different. Some aren't going to like it and some will. But in the end i've made you stop, stare, and ask questions. That, to me, is what its all about.

gaskill said:
Hey guys, I really appreciate the responses i've been getting. Its an honor to be talked about along with the Big Daddy. I never figured out what the fuss was in the first place. When i hot rod anything, I try to bring something very new to the table. I'm going to continue striving to be weird in what i build and quite different. Some aren't going to like it and some will. But in the end i've made you stop, stare, and ask questions. That, to me, is what its all about.
:D :D :D :D :D
Awesome build. It makes me question reality!

well you are like Roth. you take junk parts and cobble them together into something that makes them stop and stare. :wink: :)

Got some paint on the bike, and a couple of pictures taken, i also have the wood on the bike, but haven't gotten a picture of it yet. more to come....
Picture007-2.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture009.jpg

A little simple gadget that may or may not look like this when it goes on the bike.
Picture001-1.jpg

Here is also a picture of the pit bike "mother's little helper" that will accompany the Dove. It all started as a beater western flyer then a little work here and there, and now look 40 years older. It has the capabilities to hold a small spare wheel on the side rack. not shown
Picture011-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back