GET-A-GRIP Inc. 2019 Show, Swap Meet and Poker Run!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bike Show 2019 8.5X11 Picture poster.jpg

What does the day look like at GET-A-GRIP Inc. 2019? We provide a live DJ playing music and keeping you informed, food vendors so you don't go hungry and a huge playground for kids. Now here is just a small example of some of the other things that happen in the quick 5 hours.

10 AM doors open for registration and set up for all show and vendor participants. Vendor spots are $10 each and show participations are $5 each. There is a show area to park show bikes and a show area to park Show Ride-On;s. Spectators can begin to enter and asked to donate a $1 to the American Cancer Society for their entry.

11 AM Poker Run starts with registration and ride. Poker Hands are $5 each and you can purchase up to 100 hands. This is an eight mile trip on a beautiful Greenway with 6 poker hand stops along the way to draw a card. Top 3 hands at the end win Prizes

12 Noon Vendor and Show registration ends along with the Poker Run participation.

No motor vehicle traffic is allowed in the vendor or show area until after the show is over.

Judging starts at noon.

1 PM Everyone in the Poker Run must be back with their poker cards turned in.

Presentation of Bicyclist of the Year and plaque awarded to the 2019 Winner.

1:30 PM Poker Run winners will be announced and prizes given to the top 3 hands.

2 PM Unveiling of the 2020 Giveaway Bicycle.

2:30 PM Long Distance Award announced.

2;45 Award Ceremony: Top 20 Bicycle awards, Top 6 Ride-On awards, Peoples Choice, Best Thinking Outside the Box award with cash, Best of Show Ride-On award with cash, Best of show Bicycle award with cash. Then we end the day giving away two bicycles. The first name drawn will chose between a 1939 Elgin and an Antique Archaeology bicycle. The second name drawn will take the one that is left.

Yes we pack a lot into our show each year and as sponsors increase we will continue to do more. Find a show that does more than us while raising money for the fight against Cancer? We want to be: The must go to bicycle show in the world! We look forward to seeing you on March 23, 2019!

Let's see, is it not enough that we give away 3 bicycles at our show? Is it not enough that we give away $175 cash in our Poker Run? Well lets try a third one? How about we give away a $50 bill to the Best of Show Bicycle, $50 bill to the Best of Show Ride-On and a $50 Bill to the Best Thinking Outside the Box Award? Now . . . . . have I got you wanting to come yet?

We want you to experience GET-A-GRIP Inc. and we are pulling out all the stops to get you to come. We are nonprofit and the proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society. Just curious, we are the largest show of its kind in the SE USA. will you be here? We hope so and look forward to seeing you here on March 23, 2019!
12.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

David,
The G-A-G Show just keeps getting better and better!

I don’t know anyone who works harder at promoting a show that benefits such a great cause.

You are truly an awesome person.

Sadly, I don’t think I can make it this year, but I wish you and your team the best of luck !

PS, I’m also gonna miss that amazing BBQ and hot slaw....mmmmm
[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONLY 6 DAYS AWAY !! I am getting super excited about David Orr's Get-A-Grip Show & Swap Meet! It is ALWAYS a TOP NOTCH Event!!
The weather looks like it will be AWESOME this coming Saturday for a Great Day messin' with old bikes and such ... (Sunny and High 60's !!)
If you haven't made the trip to Cleveland, TN yet for this event .... you should make the effort .... you will not be disappointed ....
I've got some $99 Special projects to push out of my garage !! (see below) See YOU at Get-A-Grip!! Cheers! CCR Dave
99.00 VINTAGE BLOWOUTS 02.21.19.jpg
99.00 VINTAGE 2 BLOWOUTS 02.21.19.jpg

What a FANTASTIC Event once again that David Orr put together!!
I believe I heard that David announced a RECORD Turn-out too ...... and the weather could not have been more PERFECT!
If you missed this one ....... now is the time to mark your calendar for NEXT Year! >>>> Always the 4th SAT in MARCH.
Thank you David, and ALL of your volunteers who helped make everything so perfect!!
Can't wait to see some pictures and the Video of the Event, that you always produce....
Cheers! CCR Dave

Had a great time as always! There were some amazing bikes there.

I also took the opportunity to test fit the new TRM Mullet fenders on a couple of nice custom stretch bikes!
Custom test 1.jpg
Custom test 2.jpg

All I can say is THANKS! This was the Biggest and Largest event in the 8 years we have been putting this on! Yes it takes a lot of work from a lot of people but without you it can never be accomplished so we say THANKS!! As you know we put together a video of the event to be placed on Youtube and will post it here as well once it is finished. In closing the only way you will ever know is to experience this one yourself!

We received a big surprise as someone came to our show and made a video for the show! This is not our official video but probably should be as they did a fantastic job! We will be producing the official video but for now you enjoy this great video!!!

Latest posts

Back