Ghost Bike Memorials

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

I saw this on the way home work last week and took a picture on Friday. It appears we have a Ghost Bike Memorial in Wellfleet now. The Ghost Bike website has been open but you can't add anything to it. I checked to see if it had been listed but it hasn't so I checked local news and found a 16 year old had been hit by an old local lady while he was tring to cross the road in August 2013. Don't get all puffed out and start to rant on, we have heard it all by now. Very unfortunate for those involved and on into the community itself. We lose a few foreigners in bike fatalities on the Cape Cod each summer.
The traffic durring the tourist season is impossible and we refer to it as an endless string of cars from the bridge at the canal to the rotary in Provincetown and back again. You can only get onto the main roads by turning right. Turning left is setting yourself up for a collision with somebody not paying attention while driving white knuckles. You have to use what traffic lights you can if it means going the long way. Most foreigners work at night and end up using the roads in the dark, some ride on the wrong side of the road. Still we have a good bikepath system all over the cape but not everywhere, use the roads with caution.
This is the first Ghost Bike I have seen........ has anyone else seen these in the past few years. Tell us........

Graylock

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I saw quite a few of those when I lived in AZ. God rest their souls.

Unfortunately, I saw quite a few of those when I lived in AZ. God rest their souls.
:( I too have seen these on my visits to my hometown of NYC; two in one day, one on Houston St. and one on Madison Ave.

Latest posts

Back