GIANT E-bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OCD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I'm importing e-bike parts for resale, a bike that most people can relate to seems appropriate as a test/shop bike. I'm starting with a Giant hard tail frame I wasn't otherwise using, adding a QS 28H, 3000 watt Greentime controller and a 48 volt 30 amp/hr high output pack made from 18650 cells with a 50 amp continuous/100 amp peak BMS. Should be lots of fun, likely going to gear it 48/16 chain ring combo as you really won't need the lower gears and I should be able to pedal up to about 50km/hr or so. :thumbsup:

I've been burning around town on this bike for a few weeks since completion. The QS 30h hub motor is really powerful compared to the cheaper brands of motors I've been running up 'til now. This bike will climb any hill you throw at it and tops out about 54 km/h (30 mph) with a range of about 80 km. It's built up as a single speed coz the motor more than makes up for the missing 23 lower gears. Even though it's running the hardest gear, if you're not careful it's quite easy to lift the front wheel front wheel off the ground while accelerating. No matter how hard I run this bike the motor barely gets warm to the touch. There's no doubt I could exchange the 3000 watt controller for something larger. As stated above, the battery was custom built for me from Samsung 18650 cells with an upgraded BMS that allows for 50 amp continuous output with 100 amp peaks. :showingbiceps:

Last edited:
Whats the motor and custom battery like that go for?

I like those Vintage Electric bikes but can't see spending that much on a bike - even if I had the pesos.

I need to talk with you! I got a 06 diamondback drifter chopper I want to drop a S/A 3sp hub into but would like to fab a working motor to it. They don't really offer fat bike ebike hubs in any decent price range so I have to think outside the box.

Whats the motor and custom battery like that go for?
The most expensive part of any good e-bike is the battery, about $1000cdn for this one. The motor was about $400cdn, the rim $60cdn, custom spokes $1.75/ea, controller was $200cdn. This is not your average cheap eBay kit, these motors have top quality machine work compared to most others I've owned. The battery pack only weighs about 15lbs and will give at least 80kms of range, the bike is powerful enough to lift the front wheel if you're not paying attention.

Awesome! I can work with that for a good build. I just got a 750w minus controller unit but comes with the 215mm hub I need. PM me. We really should talk

Latest posts

Back