Giant West Coast Simple

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for opinions on this build idea of mine. Yes, I have broad shoulder and can handle any and all criticism. I was given both bicycles one being the Simple, the other a West Coast Chopper. I decided to meld the two together somehow. This is my initial mock-up.
I have an idea on a custom set of bars. Not sure as to what color, might just polish the frame.

Here are my questions. Does it sit to high? Should I cut the forks and lower it? What seat style would look good. I still have the West Coast Chopper seat that could be used. Any ideas are welcomed [/URL[URL=http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/BIGver2point0/media/DSC01661_zps9b0c4a5e.jpg.html] [/URL[URL=http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/BIGver2point0/media/DSC01660_zps941f9d20.jpg.html] [/URL[URL=http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/BIGver2point0/media/DSC01658_zpse4861b4b.jpg.html] [/URL][/URL][/URL]

I like it! Two ways you could go with that, use the added height as a design feature and keep it all up with some tall bars, or lower the front and flip some bars to make a very nice looking boardtrack bike!

Luke.

It looks like a decision on tires and wheels has been made. Borrowing a set from my Felt Flyer the 50mm hoops shod with Maxxis 2.50 Hookworms will fit and work perfectly. Which means the fenders I have won't work, oh well no biggie. ye [/URL
Still haven't decided on a color for the frame etc. However if I use this Brand X Missing Matter stem 1" threadless stem, (some 20 years old) the color choice will have to compliment the stem.

To ape or not? Perhaps I'll just make or purchase a set of custom mid-rise bars!

One of my fellow mechanics has this blue Simple hanging in her garage, I so badly want to get my hands on it. strip the paint off it. paint it back up, and do a cafe racer build with it. tight, low and mean.

this means that while I dig what you're doing. I have this fantasy in my head of chopping that fork down, and tucking that wheel in. the bolting on some flat bars...

still. It will look great when it's done.

One of my fellow mechanics has this blue Simple hanging in her garage, I so badly want to get my hands on it. strip the paint off it. paint it back up, and do a cafe racer build with it. tight, low and mean.

this means that while I dig what you're doing. I have this fantasy in my head of chopping that fork down, and tucking that wheel in. the bolting on some flat bars...

still. It will look great when it's done.
Thanks for the reply. Making up my mind on the stance is the hardest part. I'm leaning towards leaving the fork very close to it's current length, adding a mid rise custom set of bars. Another bonus to the simple is the weight of the frame, very light!

That thing looks sick, definitely need low bars with all the killer rake, those tires are whats up!!

Latest posts

Back