"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" update 7/22

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is what I am starting with... going to try to finish before the deadline. Wish me luck! :shock:

LaniesChopper001.jpg

and a couple of parts from this one... :mrgreen:

LaniesChopper002.jpg

and maybe some bars from this cool boardbike 8)

LaniesChopper003.jpg

Re: "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"

Go for it! That's the way we do it! Mostly using what we have lying around. I like to think of it as recycling! 8)

Welcome to BO7.
Exactly 30 Days Left!!!
That is exactly when I entered last year, so you can definitely do it.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Especially with those bars.

Welcome to the Jungle! Great start! Man another step in bike! This has to be a record setting year for them. Just watch out for Joan!! Keep gathering parts and....Get Ta Buildin'!! Peace

Thanks guys! By the way, I am a BIG Rock n Roll fan!! I will definitely be posting more build pics soon. Good luck to ya'll too :D

Yeah, loving the girl's bikes this year. I have a '66 Schwinn ladies tank bike under my workbench patiently waiting. Hoping to get some killer ideas!

Can't wait to see the progress....

ok, an update of sorts. My husband, Mitch( you guys know him as mitchelangelo) did the welding - I did the grinding. Not sure if I want to weld just yet. :shock: So the Schwinn exercise bike forks are maybe gonna work for my Cindi Lauper Chopper!! :lol: :lol: He also welded on some extended drop-outs on the rear for clearance of a HUMONGOUS back tire I found in the garage yesterday. :p

bikesJULY12015.jpg

bikesJULY12014.jpg

Lanie,
Glad to see another lady in BO7. Funkme is the other one out of Greece. I didn't catch the pink writing before.

I love your idea and the name of a Lauper Chauper.

After parting out a couple of those Schwinn Exercisers I have always wanted to see someone find a use for those forkish pieces. Excellent job!!!!

Keep up the cool work!!!

Those forks look great! :D Captures an old school chopper look 8)

Welcome to the RBO7, Yes :!: Another girl in the mix....... Will be watching your build...
"Lets give these boys a run for there money" as girls Just want to have fun.

Thanks kingfish and schwinnray! and funkme... we will definitely give the guys a run for it :wink:

The " Lauper Chauper" is on hold for now....... going to the BEACH this weekend!!!!!!!!! yay!
Rat back to rattin next week :D

Re: "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" frame change

sadly I had to find another frame... the other was wayyyy warped and the seat post stuck badly!! :( but I think the mountain bike frame is going to be AWESOME too! Yay! :D :D

elainesrat002.jpg

Me attaching the bars :lol:
elainesrat005.jpg

the wheels were already bolted on the other frame which is how we figured out the frame was badly bent :oops:

elainesrat003.jpg

The apes are cool.
Are you still going to use the chauper forks?

CRAZY brown is really cool because it looks like alot of space for fatter tires too.looking forward to the cindy lauper chooper.

Hey, you could have just changed the bikes name to Time Warp. :lol:
Speed wobbles at 10km,I remember I use to ride a typical girls bike with a cracked frame,my father kept welding,but I was constantly jumping gutters and down at the bmx track with it... :lol:

You still have plenty of time... Keep building girrrl.

Ok, I have an update. My bike is almost complete! yay! Now time to do a little decor :p Oh yeah. I am 5'1 tall so the chopper forks were just a lil too tall for me. Mitch is going to use them on another build.
This one is turning out to be more of a modern rat but I like it :D

girlchop001.jpg

girlchop002.jpg

girlchop006.jpg

girlchop003.jpg

The apes work with that.

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK!!!

Unfortunately I am not going to be able finish the paint for a couple of weeks. It's torn apart at the moment and primed. Maybe try again next year. :( Good luck to everyone!!

Latest posts

Back