GLENDERSON - [winter build off]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to find a smaller seat... I have a large wide one... I do like that red and white one on eBay tho... I just don't know what the heck I'd use it for...o_O

Carl.

Re the brakes, I have an old folding bike with those brakes work great, your
bike will be a bit heavier but I presume you will have front and rear brakes.

Definitely have the right look Glen, this thing is a winner, well done!

More thanks for all the comments and input fellas...

Definitely have the right look Glen, this thing is a winner, well done!

Any bike I do that ends up rideable is a winner to me... and this one's not there yet :eek:

26/01/2014

I did some work on widening the wheels today... same style as on Rattled.

First I drill twelve small holes around the center of two 26 x 1.5 rims, spaced out between every third spoke hole...

34_RimDrill.jpg

:rolleyes: Yes... I know I had previously said I only had one G-clamp, but I found two other little ones that I had forgotten, so sorry... okay, let's move on. :oops:

I then rivet them together with a piece of metal strap and tap the ends over with a ball peen hammer...

35_WideRim.jpg

However, I only got one completed as I ran out of strap and rivets Man, I will have to be more organised next build off :confused:

More to come... eventually :p

Glen.

Wait you riveted 2 wheels together? Are you cutting the inside edge off? Or running 2 tires and tube or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03/02/2014

Not much progress to show... but I did get the second rim done and got some paint on them as well as an "undercoat" on the tank...

36_RimsTank.jpg

I have also been doing some welding on the frame and other bits as well as working on the handlebars and figuring out how to do the gear levering :confused:

Time keeps on slipping slipping slipping... in to the future...

o_O And I don't know if you heard... but Luke has started a build too! Och... we're all doomed... doomed I tells ya! :eek:

Glen.

Are you running double wides front and rear? Cool! I Thought you were only doing the rear one. That tank is looking great too, perfect for the build. :41:

I seriously doubt my build will be a contender, just love the pressure of a deadline to push me through... This will be my easiest and quickest build yet if I get it done...

Luke.

Yeah, Luke... double rims front and back... Just like on Rattled :happy: I really like the look. I just put an old coaster hub on the front of Rattled because the riveted front rims are not true and they would "bunny hop" :oops: as I braked. So hopefully the coaster will do the trick.

More updates on Glenderson soon...

Glen.

I wanna see a roller mockup...
I'd like to see mine done too, but oh well....

Carl.

04/02/2014

Procrastinated today in the form of "tidying" the work area. :rolleyes:

Yesterday, I added the brace from the BB down to the frame in the position rubsterob had suggested...

37_Frame.jpg

:( I am beginning to loose steam with this build... hopefully I can push on through to the end. That's the problem with having the attention span of a... oh wow, what a nice sunset. :angelic:

Glen.

Fly me down there bro I'll finish it for ya', I'm sick of snow...
Lookin' good, slap some primer on it...
Yesterday I... no wait... that wasn't me...

Carl.

05/02/2014

Dude!! gone for a month or so and awesome happens!!!! Love the internal springer! Tank and frame also

Jats

Thanks Jats... good to see you back. And thanks also to you other guys for the encouragement.:thumbsup:

I need some advice/ideas on my seat post arrangement. Here is what I was fiddling with today...

38_SeatPost.jpg

My concern is that it will tip when I sit on it. Any thoughts on a better way to do it? I like to build in as much adjustability as possible so that things can be easily changed, so welding an upright to the top tube is a no no... probably o_O

I also might be using these bits as a part of my shifter mechanism...

39_GearLever.jpg

:confused: Plodding on...

Glen.

A doubled up muffler "U" clamp would work pretty well I would think, would go much tighter than the clamp you have and if you run two...

Looking forward to seeing how those bits will work on the shifter! :39:

Luke.

I'll second what Luke said. A u clamp or something stiffer then that strap you have. And you can put 2 sided tape under it to cushion it and it would be simipermanent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Luke and rubsterob, is this what you mean...

SDC11718.jpg

o_O If so, I already thought of that but it won't work because of the small space between the top tube and the tank. It has to be something flat to fit through there :confused: After a bit of googling I found this...

!ByF5TSgBGk~%24(KGrHqMOKjkEwQgMlCE%2BBMQSYzO1Cg~~_12.jpg

I think it looks promising if I was to open it out to feed through the space, then bend it back into shape around the top tube. o_O

There is heaps of clamping stuff on a google image search... just a matter of finding the right one. :rolleyes: Guess I'll be taking a trip to the hardware shop for a nosey...

Glen.

Latest posts

Back