GLENDERSON - [winter build off]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks chaps :)

Sadly, I did not get to the hot rod display.

I phoned a bloke last Monday to come and look at my car and by Friday, he still hadn't showed up, so I phoned him again. He said he would come Saturday morning (today), so I waited and hoped he would be gone by about 10 am and the drizzle would clear and I could bike into town before the display ended at 12:30pm. No such luck... he didn't show up at all and the drizzle eased about midday.

Oh well, perhaps next year o_O

Glenderson will get finised eventually... probably :39:

Glen.

yeah, slap a back tire on it and call it a gravity bike...

Carl.

Sorry that I fell behind on following this build. Tons of steal worthy ideas going on. Hope you finish it sometime even if you don't make the deadline.

yeah, slap a back tire on it and call it a gravity bike...

Carl.

Ha ha... yeah... she weighs a ton so will needs lots of gravity :p However, I will need to invent some sort of anti-gravity device to negate the effect of the gravity so I can stop it easily with my feet... yes, that's right, no effective brakes yet.

Does the bike have to be stopable to enter? o_O Rideable is mentioned... but not stopable :blush:

Glen.

Well... here it is "finished" for now...

56_Done.jpg

57_Done.jpg

58_Done.jpg

59_Done.jpg

60_Done.jpg

61_Done.jpg

62_Done.jpg

The brake doesn't work, but it actually rides pretty well. The handlebars need to be wider so my knees don't hit and the gear levers touch my legs a bit... so I have to ride with my legs apart a bit :blush:

Just going to check the riding video now and if it's ok, will post a link later...

Glen.

EDIT: Here is the ride video...

Last edited:
Wow Glen, you have done a great job, love all the details, looks so old school.
Great use of bits you have found used and converted, now this is a compliment
reminds me of something Caractacus potts would build.

(An all time fictional hero of mine the designer and builder of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang)

Last edited:
I like it too. Cool details like the little kick in the seat brace to clear the mount.

Carl.

Here are some more videos...

Gears

Brake

Ride 2

These have also been added to the finished thread.

Glen.

Great videos Glen! You can gear in your voice how proud of it you are specially in the first video, with good cause too! Shame the original brake lever idea didn't work, but sometimes these things happen! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Latest posts

Back