Gold Metallic Black Spray?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe shooting a gloss black and hitting it with a light, subtle amount of gold glitter clear would work to give a similar effect?

This probably isn't the answer you are looking for, but I have seen some cool paint jobs with plastidip along with their metalizers. Or, spray back, then spray the gold flake and then clear coat it.

I've had good results with the Krylon "Glitter Blast" stuff and their triple thick clear. It comes out slightly textured if your going for bass boat coverage, but if you just want a little bit of sparkle it should work out just fine. If you want more of a pearl effect rather than a peppered flake look, there is a "temporary" gold glitter available, they have it at most Pep Boys/Autozone etc.. It's suspended in alcohol rather than clear, hence the "temporary". I did a helmet with it and just waited a few hours for the alcohol to evaporate, then hit it with clear. They have the same stuff in photochromatic pearl as well...

Latest posts

Back