Golden Pigeon Board track racer build - 2 videos!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finished photos.

tumblr_lml024LJqW1qlozm7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lml06bgqWF1qlozm7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lmmetdVDGO1qlozm7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lmmeymMRUP1qlozm7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lmmf0iUaHs1qlozm7o1_500.jpg

\
tumblr_lmmf1sEXSc1qlozm7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lmmf2zZrbU1qlozm7o1_500.jpg

love the tank idea too! be prepared for that idea to be stolen! :wink: at the shop i work at we work on alot of school buses which use 3 and 4inch exhaust so we always have this stuff laying around.

murraymadman said:
love the tank idea too! be prepared for that idea to be stolen! :wink: at the shop i work at we work on alot of school buses which use 3 and 4inch exhaust so we always have this stuff laying around.

haha, well it just made sense!! its soo simple, yet its effective! i think i get an estimated 2.5 litres in the tanks combined. its not alot, but enough! using 4 inch pipe would give alot more, but the 3 inch seeemed to fit nicely.

We havent had a chance to get it running again since completion. but i hope this weekend we can do this.

bike is done. runs fine, no problems.

bumped into a police officer today while riding it also. Apparently its a 1300 fine on the spot for riding a powered bike above 200 watts, bike will also get taken to be destroyed

dont think ill be riding it on the street anymore.

tumblr_ln6vqvbSCs1qlozm7o1_500.jpg

I hate hearing the possibility of peoples blood, sweat, and tears being taken and destroyed. I know in my state I can get my motorized bicycle registered as a moped and then legally ride it on the street. But I wouldnt really know what else to do in your situation. :/ Save it for shows or parades maybe? I would just hate not being able to really open it up on the street. I dont know man, bike sure is looking good though!

I live in Queensland, Australia, different state, but as far as I know the laws are the same Australia wide. I think the police officer was just trying to scare you, but who knows I could always be wrong. And as far as I know there are no (legal) ways to register these.

I ride my 66cc fairly reguarly and have had no attention from the police, but that doesn't mean my bikes legal. I just have to cross the wrong police officer on the wrong day and I could be on the receiving end.

I'm also just finished my 98cc Villiers build and have every intention of riding it, and whatever happens, happens. I just hope I get a little use before the boys in blue spoil my fun

Yeah I agree Harry, i guess its getting the right officer on the day when u get picked up.

and in australia, there is no way to register these bikes. i guess the only way to keep getting some nice use out if it... is to take it on to private property/land. or risk riding the streets, and maybe get caught and loose it.. ( if that is what they can do )

i might actually inquire about it this week, and get a straight answer on the topic of riding these in public

Id definitely be interested to hear what you can find out. In Queensland, and as far as i know Australia wide, there is a ban on internally combustion engines, and there is a limit to electric motors (cant recall). But i have no idea of the fine/penalty. ..... I was once caught riding my motorcross bike on a "public road". It was some time ago, i think i got a fine for driving an unregistered vehicle. A couple hundred dollars if i recall. And as far as im concerned thats a lt worse then riding a MB.

I think if you wear a helmet, lights if riding at night and follow road rules. most cops would just leave you be. But this is your bike, and your hard work, so i dont blame you if you are hesitant to ride it. But im just gonna see what happens and be extremely nice if pulled over and hope for the best.

Latest posts

Back