goob's RRBBO-8 build- Raceliner - !!!!!FINISHED!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: goob's RRBBO-8 build- Raceliner - 7/30 Update-got a saddle!

Well...I reckon its heck week to get this done by the deadline!! My seat, leather pedal straps, and chain came in the mail last week. Still waiting on my tires (hopefully they decide to show up on time).

Went with a classic Brooks B17 saddle (always wanted one, never had an excuse)

Chain (my favorite brown/chrome I found)
330865246018_1.jpg

For tires I went with the Ride Your Cause brown 700cx23 folding bead
TIRE71379.jpg

Re: goob's RRBBO-8 build- Raceliner - 8/1 - Lookin like a bike!!

Well life happens and this is the first time I've really worked on this bike since May, but I think it'll come together just in time. I worked last night and got my 1" Threadless headset all figured out, installed the castle nut in the fork, installed cranks, installed pedals, installed rear chainring, mounted the wheels for looks & brake alignment, installed the saddle, etc etc etc...I'm so stoked for how shes turning out!!

Machine Age Victim said:
Looks sweet!! Such a versatile frame!

+1 One of the best frames of all time. No such thing as a bad Spaceliner.
GET R DONE!

Thanks, guys. The top tube length is actually comparable to my 2011 Trek 3.1 Madone, so I think I can actually make this thing remotely comfortable to ride. It'll be weird with it being so low and long, but I think that's part of what makes the Spaceliner such a sexy platform for just about any kind of build. I'm excited to finish hammering it out over the next couple of days!! Tires are out for delivery today, brakes are in the works, chain is on the bench, I think it'll happen.

In my hasty rush yesterday, I created my "finished" thread and didn't have time to update this one. Just for my own records (and for your viewing pleasure) I'll post my finished product here as well.

Final Parts List:

Parts List:
Frame - Spaceliner
Fork - Aluminum Cannondale 700c
Brakes - Cane Creek
Levers - Tektro
Handlebars - Bontrager
Grips - Leather 1/8" Shoelaces
Headset - Aheadset 1" Threadless
Stem - Bontrager
Wheelset - Bontrager Racelite
Tires - Duro "Ride Your Cause"