GOODTIME CHARLIE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is kinda my spare time shop project:
IMG_0183.jpg

Probably won't see the road in finished version too soon but when it does think 60's show bike.
Promptly got it stripped down and ready for it's new life:
IMG_0184.jpg

Decided that the s2 with a 20x2.125 wasn't going to cut it, so I ended up spending a few weekends and nights making a new rim(Plan9Customs patented 20x50mm rim instead of my normal 20x55mm rim)and tossed a 20x3 tire on that:
IMG_0467.jpg

No way is that going to fit within the stays as they sit, so it will get a cut or 4 and stretched out 1" in length and widened about the same.
Now, aside from the plump rear end and a few minor details, I want this to look like something someone would have made and showed back in the heydays so I bent up some of my 515 bars:
IMG_0286.jpg

and started working on a period correct saddle:
IMG_0190-1.jpg

IMG_0189-1.jpg

IMG_0191-1.jpg

Got all the decals measured and drawn out for a later date with the paint booth(again think 60's show bike):
IMG_0192-1.jpg

Found some time to finally measure out my spokes and start cutting and threading them. Then voila! I have a rear wheel so I can start work on the rear triangle:
IMG_0500-1.jpg

found that I did not like the look of the 3" tire paired with the 1.75 up front. No one makes a brick tread 20x2.125 tire so I had to take matters into my hands yet again and turn a sows ear into something I'd ride on:
IMG_0505-1.jpg

IMG_0509-1.jpg

IMG_0510-1.jpg

Found some fenders that will work(they were chromed already, otherwise I'd have just made my own) with a few modifications as well as a period correct shifter:
IMG_0496-1.jpg

Waiting on a steel shipment to come in so I can finish up customers stuff and start my sissy bar also. Small hint on that:
IMG_0253-1.jpg

Paint....well, those who know me can guess, but for those who don't:
IMG_0360.jpg

1167205_206370262855472_754152780_o.jpg

I like sparkly things and candy.
I think that about sums up where this thing sits for now.
IMG_0498.jpg

Shop mutt says it has a LONG way to go still!

Hey! No, no, no... You can't just go showing us an opened can of candy orange paint, and then leave us hang'n here!:agree:

Kinda progress. I had to clean my shop so I spent a few minutes to keep this moving(albeit at a sssssnnnnnnnaaaaaiiiilllls pace). Stuck the front tire I did on and crammed the rear wheel/tire in(has 10#s instead of the required 40#s and still can't turn at all. Yet) to see if it looked better than the 3.0/1.75 combo.
IMG_0525.jpg

I like it. The front fork looks about right now with the extra 1" added and sits correctly instead of horribly raked. As soon as I get caught up I'll get the rear triangle cut and add the extra 1" on length and width.
As for leaving you hanging about paint. I'm miles away from that, so can't really add anything new. That was just shots from customers stuff I took along the way.
But yes, it will be silver flake covered in generous amounts of tangerine candy and probably a few other colors.

Latest posts

Back