Goodyear/Columbia and 2 Schwinn 2 Speeds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Central New York State near the Erie Canal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give me some idea of the values and what my best options are for the Scwinns - fix up, leave alone, customize? I think I might want to keep one Schwinn, sell the other. Neighbor gave me the Goodyear. Bought the other two at auction for $6 each. Thanks. Al.
The Goodyear/Columbia is in remarkably good condition and has a gold metalflake vinyl seat. Its complete and works fine. The badge has a small wrinkle - I will try to "iron" it out. I see now that the forks are bent. Serial # from 1966. Value?

The Schwinns have Bendix two speed hubs. The Gold one dates from '66 and the red '67.
The red one has no brakes and I can't tell if it shifts. The steering neck bolt is threaded rod with a nut - might be trouble or maybe I'll get lucky and it be an easy fix.

The gold one has a bad seat but I have a black Schwinn seat I can use. This one the brakes weren't working but then started to work. But I can't tell if its shifting or not either.

Thanks sandman. So I guess the sale price for the ladies bike would be average for any ladies bike or maybe a few dollars more. I think I might save it for parts. All the chrome is good, even the rims.
I like the gold (or copper) Schwinn also. The hub is not right but maybe it just needs lube. Both hubs worked when I bought the bikes - well over fifteen years ago.

Latest posts

Back