Got screwed on eBay...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a laptop from a newbie seller on eBay that had 100% feedback but from only 1 selling transaction. Man, will I never do that again!

The laptop smells horribly of cigarette smoke, the listing specified the wrong RAM and GHz specs, the outside cover has scratches and an impression from what looks like a BB gunshot, but worse -- the LCD screen has clusters of dead pixels everywhere.

"Returns not accepted," the listing said, although I am covered by eBay buyer protection.

There's NO WAY I'm paying for return shipping though. I haven't been this screwed over in about 2.5 years... It was a good streak, I guess.

Returns not accepted means absolutely nothing if item not as described. File a claim and you will not have to pay a cent. EBay will cover shipping both ways. I've had someone do it to me on an item they just changed their mind on. Buyers have more protection than sellers.

I've learned from my own experience that the buyer almost always wins in these situations.

If the seller is not cooperating then you need to start a claim and then ship the laptop back to the seller. Make sure you enter the tracking number into the Ebay system.

Once the system shows that the laptop has been delivered, Ebay will automatically refund your money straight out of the guy's account.

Unfortunately I was on the opposite end of deal like this...buyer lied about condition of the bike and ran a claim because he had buyer's remorse. I could even prove that he had buyer's remorse from emails he had written me and Ebay still gave him a refund when the bike showed up at my door. :roll:

As long as it stays on eBay, buyers are protected.
I had a guy offer to sell me Dyno flame tires outside eBay and he burned me.
Offered to take the flames off his custom cruiser to replace the lost one's, a year ago! I am guessing they are lost in the mail also???

Latest posts

Back