gramps

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
started with a frame and some other parts that id been trying to get from one of my friends ever since 1988.......wanted the complete bike but he wouldnt give up the tank at all!!!! now this will not be seeing any paint at all i promised him no harm would come to this bike since it was his grandfathers and passed down to him but enough of the talk heres a teaser.....
choppinguptheb6007.jpg

yeah... except my pal redid the pin stripes and i dont think hes ever used any type of brush before let alone a striping sword but if i can get the mess off with acetone without destroying the original paint ill redo them. and no the crank sprocket arent the original i was just mocking everything up while i am waiting on the seat to get back from the upholstery shop.

well.. got some in progress photos for you all.....heres some mock up cutting and just about done photos and maybe some arts and crafts!
choppinguptheb6005.jpg
choppinguptheb6006.jpg

choppinguptheb6010.jpg
choppinguptheb6009.jpg
choppinguptheb6008.jpg
choppinguptheb6011.jpg
choppinguptheb6021.jpg

well hope you all enjoy good luck to ya'll and hope you have as much fun as i did!(no im not quite done yet still got some priming and striping to do!

Nice! I've got an old `50 frame in exactly the same color scheme with locking springer in pieces and a bit rusty, seeing yours all shined up makes me want to get working on that puppy.

well i said i have some arts and crafts in here so..............what do you do when you want a tool bag but dont want to drop $70 or more? get out some packing foam an old duffle bag and needle and thread and make one. or what happens when you cant find a hub shiner in your podunk town(yuba city)? grab an old belt thats of no use a grinder with some 24 grit and a reflector you have lying around and viola!!!
and here they are....................................
choppinguptheb6.jpg

choppinguptheb6016.jpg

and one more
choppinguptheb6022.jpg

chainring looks great, might steal that idea sometime, the sweethearts were always my least favorite til now.

well got to looking at ol gramps and decided to change afew things :roll: .....
ive had this for awhile and intended to use it for a shift knob for my caddi but never got around to drilling and tapping it out..turns out my son found it and WONT part with it now :cry: !! so i thought this might work instead...
choppinguptheb6031.jpg

choppinguptheb6032.jpg

choppinguptheb6033-1.jpg

choppinguptheb6035.jpg

also the stem and tool bag are also gonna change as soon as i stitch up a new one and locate a longer one. ill post some more pics of the progress when ive gotten more done :roll:

2nd try.........i guess 3rds the charm :roll:
[/img]
plates002.jpg

and the coat hanger in the background is what the die is............if you ever wanna go insane.................

That looks sweet! You've gotta make me one! But with the Cali up top and the LBC below! How much? Oh and the 3rd line would be THE DUKE!L8 EM

Latest posts

Back