Gravel bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it counts, but I saw a steel frame mountain bike with a carbon fork that had 700c cyclocross tires and wheels. It had a corncob cassette and bmx bars.

D5DA1DD3-4248-4770-80B1-9FA1448E0E97.jpeg

2018 Salsa Fargo 27.5+

Last edited:
Matti is gathering ideas. And maybe parts. Anyone think that time trials bars turned back would make usable drop bars?
View attachment 110620 View attachment 110621
It could work but you’re definitely limiting your available hand positions, brake levers, and brake lever placement compared to a dirt drop bar. (Usually bullhorns like these use a bar end brake lever, that would eliminate the option of bar end shifters... possibly a cyclocross style brake lever mounted up further where the drop transitions upward).

7be950b625f32ac37e2a3d59c4287b1c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[QUOTE="Grant, post: 1124886, ]

I can't imagine riding it. If you're looking for a short cockpit and an upright ride with a 90 degree sweep back, I'd think a northroad type handlebar would be a better choice. Or maybe a stache bar for a more "aggressive" position.

[QUOTE="Grant, post: 1124886, ]

I can't imagine riding it. If you're looking for a short cockpit and an upright ride with a 90 degree sweep back, I'd think a northroad type handlebar would be a better choice. Or maybe a stache bar for a more "aggressive" position.

c06dd930cc5815fe4cd7acfba7872c7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used too ride a lot of old rail road beds on my bmx bike too get places and recently did about 2 miles of it on my klunker. I’m guessing these bikes are built for something finer because I can’t see building any real speed on that large loose stone

There are bikes like the Salsa Fargo that have dropbars and 29x3in tires that would probably be the best bet for something like that.

Latest posts

Back