Greeting from the open road.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

Just call me Stinky. I'm a truck driver and a bike-o-haulic.

I'm typically the kind of guy that likes things original and complete. Since being bitten by the bike bug several weeks ago, I've developed a hankerin' for what can only be called a rat rod bike. You'll never see me cutting up a vintage frame or doing anything to a vintage frame that would prevent it from being restored to original but that still leaves plenty of room for rat rod-dom.

My first custom will be built on a '66 Schwinn Typhoon that I picked up for $15. It's missing the seat, grips, and the left pedal. Since it's a low end bike and incomplete, it's perfect to rodding out.

I like lots of bells and whistles but I want them hidden. It will be interesting to see if I can manage to hide any shifter or brake cables. I also like features no one else has. I think a Tokheim 5 speed rear hub will definitely be one of those unique features. I've got several other ideas but I'll keep those under wraps until I get the parts off eBay. I have no doubt you guys would poach them if you wanted them too. I sure know I would.

Latest posts

Back