Greetings from the UK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Just a few words by way of an introduction.

I've been a long time member of chopperbicycle.net and along with my brother in law have built loads of one-off cuctoms for their regular Bicycle Build Offs. For their latest Build Off I decided to depart from the usual 20" choppers we normally create and inspired by the great bikes on this site I thought I'd have a go at creating a Rat Rod styled Cruiser named "Sally B".

As can be seen from the design image the name and paint scheme were inspired by the WWII B-17 Flying Fortress "Sally B" (which incidentially played the role of the "Memphis Belle" in the film of the same name) and coincidentally is my wife's name and initial.

Unfortunately I was unable to get the paint done in time for the Build Off deadline so at the moment it's just bare metal, so who knows I may just let her rust!

SallyBdesign.jpg

SallyB1.jpg

SallyB2.jpg

SallyB3.jpg

Hope you like her.

Welcome to Ratdom

Nice job on the frame. Is that a front fork in the rear? if so great idea.

Clancy

Many thanks for the positive feedback!

To answer a couple of your points...

1. Yes they are front forks incorporated into the rear. I have used this idea on 3 bikes now and have not experienced any problems strength wise so far. As long as you leave the original steer tube on the forks and insert this into the new frame tubing you can then just weld around where the original lower bearing holder/cup thing sat on the forks. You also need to weld new drop outs in place of the original front fork dropouts as you will obviously need to be able to adjust the tension of the chain.

2. It’s not actually a genuine Brooks saddle, but a cheap ($20) knock off, probably from China. Saying that though, it is real leather and pretty good quality for the price. I’d love a genuine Brooks saddle, but even here in England they command a high price.

Steve.

Latest posts

Back