GT Avalanche 1.0 Mountain Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Don’t know a whole lot about mountain bikes but came across and I thought it was a good deal. Needs front brake cable and could use a chain. Straight body and tight hubs.

Anyone know anything about this bike?
876dd748ce63ed06f24c710552b0224a.jpg

b3e3cfc70acfd4ec03bfc7459404e3de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hydraulic disc brakes better suspension fork and thumb shifters! Much better than a big box bike!

Hydraulic disc brakes better suspension fork and thumb shifters! Much better than a big box bike!

Thanks. Gonna put a mountain bike saddle on it and replace front brake cable and chain. Should clean up nicely. It was a pricey bike new.

2012 GT Avalanche 1.0
Factory Description
GT's Avalanche 1.0 tackles off-road action with its light, nimble butted-aluminum frame and 100mm-travel RockShox suspension fork. Together they deliver speed, confidence and control no matter how rooty and rocky the trail gets. Complementing the sweet frame and fork is a hill-flattening 30-speed Shimano drivetrain with an XT rear derailleur and sure-stopping Avid disc brakes. GT provides their durable wheels with Maxxis tires for sure-footed grip when it counts, too.

http://www.thebikelist.co.uk/gt/avalanche-1-0--2012

http://www.mtbr.com/product/bikes/xc-hardtail/gt/avalanche-1-0.html

Thanks. Gonna put a mountain bike saddle on it and replace front brake cable and chain. Should clean up nicely. It was a pricey bike new.

I am pretty sure those are hydraulic brakes so there won't be a brake cable to replace. Probably need to bleed the brakes.

The front brake is toast and to replace is is expensive. Back brake works fine. Gonna slap a cable brake on the front if I can.

I have had several GT mountain bikes. I only have one now. If you like it you might be able to replace the brakes with Avid 6 bolt mechanical disc system ($66 for a set of two rotors and calipers from eBay). These are 160mm units but are light and work. You can probably find one but you will need a different lever.

Latest posts

Back