GuitarlCarl's Bikes -N- Stuffs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a tube amp on your bike, crazy? :praise:
Haha. No, I have a tank made from plexiglass and old tubes with bits of brass and copper. AND I have a tweed tank that has a little battery powered Fender digital amp in it with a 2 x 5 speaker from a flat screen tv. But there are circuits (Cricket Tube is one...) that could do that although I doubt tubes would stand up to rough riding.

Carl.

Out for a ride last nite, I took a shot of my rear wheel on ALiEN FiRE
KIMG1112.JPG

Carl.

I'm also working on a design for my next burrito style bike using the tandem that I've pulled out of two competitions so far. Originally called Harlequin Deuce, this is a Columbia Twosome. I think it'll be a play on the old name, so I give you Un Deu.
Un Deu.jpg
KIMG0057.jpg

CarlGuitarl.

My BO12 bike Wasteland
KIMG0720.JPG

Took it to a Graffiti Ride in Chicago
IMG_731411.jpg

How do you fit that big o' 26x2.4 on a 57mm rim in a '44 war bike? Built myself a dimple tool for the chain stays...
vgripmod.jpg

After an exhaustive build a guy needs a nap.
geocouch1.jpg

Carl.

Last edited:
Back in the beginning of 2017 we had the Winter BO, and I built Harlequin T. I really liked the look it had with the big front wheel and bent springer fork. But couple the chain drive steering with a sketchy feeling fork and it wanted to flop bad. So I made some changes...
KIMG0473.JPG

Like my paint? Faux patina Rustoleum rattlecan.
KIMG0572.JPG

Winter build offs have a little snow here in Illinois.
KIMG0626.JPG

A favorite picture spot, I thought she was done...
KIMG0640.JPG

Last minute tank addition w/ matching faux paint...
KIMG0680.JPG

back at the spot.
KIMG0685.JPG

This is a fine easy riding bike that at 9'2" tip to tip, turns a lot of heads. Quick too, that big gear ain't just shiney...

Carl.

Wow Carl,you build some cool bikes. I liked Harlequin since first sight, and the guitar bike is outstanding. I just put pictures of some of mine on Galleries under the title Bare Naked Beauties. Let me know what you think of them

Wow Carl,you build some cool bikes. I liked Harlequin since first sight, and the guitar bike is outstanding. I just put pictures of some of mine on Galleries under the title Bare Naked Beauties. Let me know what you think of them
Thanks. I crashed Harlequin about a month ago when the nut on the steering wheel came loose. I was just starting to roll under a viaduct and when the steering wheel came loose, the front wheel flopped and sent me into the wall. (better than traffic!) I also cracked a weld on the steering when it happened so it had to come home for some work before I could ride it again. I've since then re welded it and am working on some cleanup and revisions to it. I've had her for a long time look at this early version...
0718141720a1.JPG

(have I posted this one here earlier?)

Carl.

The split frame/twin seatpost gets me every time, I love it. And where's AlienFire?
That's "El Chiggins" I've been riding it the most lately.
ALiEN FiRE is in my other garage across town along with my Spaceliner, Sgt.Rock, Dead Metal, The Difference Engine, RedBird, and Da Bears and about 10 others. Also not shown here is my '41 Elgin raffle win, Muscle Spasm, Harlequin T, the Cannondale, the Planet X, Big Blues Traveler, and my daughter's Schwinn Hybrid college beater and my sweetie's Blue Trek. But those 8 are in my garage here with these 8! You know what's not in my garage? Any of my 3 Ford Rangers...

GC.

2022 Muscle Bike BO RUST NEVER SLEEPS Co-Winner As found rusted solid crank and seatpost
as found.jpg
IMG_20220228_180939.jpg

above: Just prior to avoiding a crash with a car and breaking the post welds.
below: The next morning after welding repairs
IMG_20220301_110755.jpg

Carl.

F1.jpg

DoorK is a work in progress. The bike itself was completed for the 2021 Big Build Off
BUT the electric powered door that attaches on the left side has not been finished and still I have parts to find, mostly the battery pack...
FirstRide1.jpg
FirstRide2.jpg

These last two pics are from it's first ride. Dead Metal, and SGT.ROCK were both cannibalized to create this frame and the rear quarter from Muscle Spasm was used. A few different ways to attach the door was tried I still think there's a way to make it lean with the bike while riding. But the easiest way will be to connect the door as a stable platform that doesn't tilt.
IMG_20210520_212034068.jpg
IMG_20210824_141050683.jpg

The wheel in the door was the last version and not completed YET. But the mockup shows the premise. I can't wait to pull up to Taco Johns drive up window.

Carl.

cHOP sPASM.jpg
IMG_20210528_120506573.jpg

The rear quarter from Muscle Spasm and the failed mounting position (that would of looked great) the tire needs to be under the weight to balance at all. But someday the electric hub should propel the weight of the door with no problem, while I handle the pedaling of the bike.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back