"GULF SWING" Fat tire Swingbike build! As done as it is gunna be!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True that! Gunna stick to single pivot bikes from now on me thinks...

Luke.
Don't worry,I'm suprised I didn't come off Juicebox....I wiggle all over the road.:21:
A very light bike,I can throw wheelies when I was a kid,but could never ride on my rear wheel...Even with the bar I still can't...Can ride the bike if I bring the seat forward a inch...But I like the lines with it back...Anyway this is not for me,some lucky kid will have a cool bike soon...

Gonna need to award a purple heart for this build if you keep it up Luke.. :eek:
Swing bikes are definitely not an off road machine. You need a nice smooth hard surface to play on, just like with a unicycle. But you know that all too well now.

Heal up and you'll be back on it.
Ya know, I can't pull a wheelie anymore on my Suburban and I used to go hundreds of feet as a teen. Must be something about the canter of gravity changing as I get older. :blush:

Does the wife think you are totally nuts yet?:crazy:

Thanks JS! Not going to happen though, just too worn out!

Just took the bike out for another spin, trying to get ready for videos tomorrow and I came off it pretty bad, just got my wife fixing up my back and elbow now.

Lesson learned, no more practice on a gravel strewn tarmac road...

Luke.[/quote=

Luke ,
Man hang in there that's what that spring was for !! I hope your doing better and it wont leave that much of a mark on you . Road rash sucks

Yeah, it's all good, woke up today a little stiff and sore, think I might have torn a muscle in my side a bit though but it is not too bad.

I remembered what I did that caused it, just done a tight U-turn at the end of the tarmac portion of the road, stood up to get back up to speed, forgetting to hold the swing brake... So with the bike still leaning slightly from the turn and me standing up and putting full force on the inside pedal and the tires on gravel, I just spat the whole rear end sideways. :(

Actually feels good to have worked out what happened, my own fault and I can still have confidence in the bike. When I didn't know what happened, thought the bike had just spat me off for no reason, I really did not want to ride it ever again... (Too many bad memories of earlier accidents.)

Luke.

Well just went out and did the final pics and videos, could not lift it into the car with my injuries, so just did it on the road out the front of our house.

Didn't realise how much my riding would suffer, you wont be seeing much cool riding, I could only swing it to the right and only about a foot, my back muscle on one side complaining the whole time...

Tried to get a cool shot with the camera on the ground and the bike crossed up going over the top, ended up running over the camera and breaking the mini tripod I had just bought! :oops:

Pics and vids up soon!

Luke.

Must be a lot of people uploading new-years videos to YouTube at the moment...

Got my video loading and it said done in 59 mins, ok, that is probably about right for HD video of that length, but I look away and look back it say 78 mins, then jumps to 97 mins, by the time it gets to 1% loaded it is 128 mins and is now sitting on 2% with 132 mins remaining... Wow! So glad I did not leave this to tomorrow! Would have run out of time!

Luke.

Edit: Now on 7%, 128 mins remaining, at least it is going down at last! :113:

When I was a boy I had a stingray, my best bud had a yellow swing bike, and I was so.jelious! We traded bikes all the time until one day, "when I didn't know what happened, thought the bike had just spat me off for no reason, I really did not want to ride it ever again.."
Yup, you know my pain!

When I was a boy I had a stingray, my best bud had a yellow swing bike, and I was so.jelious! We traded bikes all the time until one day, "when I didn't know what happened, thought the bike had just spat me off for no reason, I really did not want to ride it ever again.."
Yup, you know my pain!
Spot on MikeeeBikey! If I had not figured out what it was that caused it, I really don't know if I would have been game to get back on it!
Did some riding today, all feels good, just gotta wait till I heal up a bit before I go crazy again on it...

Video is finally loaded, just working on the finishing touches, see everyone in the (Mostly) Finished bikes thread!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back