Gyes Saddles?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using one on one of my latest builds...nice quality
llb8.jpg

llb11.jpg

I just added the same saddle as BigCam on my NoNameCustoms Joker. Seems to be a nice quality piece. Only time will tell how the leather really holds up.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Gyes is a Taiwanese leather furniture manufacturer who came out with a line of bike saddles a few years ago. They make seats under their own name, and a handful of others, including Velo Orange and Cardiff. Their saddles are frequently reinforced with a cloth netting on the underside. Supposedly, the netting also serves to keep the saddle dry in bad weather. I find the leather a bit more pliable than Brooks saddles. Many find them slightly more comfortable, and easier to break in.

Not sure of the long term wear on Gyes saddles. Being fairly new on the market, I don't know anyone who has owned one for more than a couple years. The Gyes saddles I see in use are still in fairly good shape. I would guess they don't hold up quite as well as Brooks, but they aren't bad seats by any stretch. Slightly worse than a Brooks, slightly better than a Persons?

Prices on Gyes made seats are pretty good. Generally they run 25% cheaper than a comparable Brooks saddle. Occasionally even less.

aka_locojoe said:
Is there any issues using the old style seat clamp on the single rail saddles?
None that I've noticed.

cruisehard said:
Just curious about this saddle: http://www.ebay.com/itm/220614829906?ss ... 1423.l2649
I like the fact that it's 10''wide and blacked out. Anybody own one? Is it comparable to Brooks?

I bought one of their Brooks B68 clones, currently for sale in the sale section, and it is a nice saddle. This one was supposed to be black, but was actually like a really dark espresso color. It didn't match my bike, so there its for sale. Side by side with the Brooks B68, nothing about the Gyes stands out as low quality. Wished I had another bike to try it on.

Latest posts

Back